31

n// this is a shorter chapter but wow i had writer's block for like ever i am sososo sorry for not updating i was in the middle of finals and things were really stressful and anyways here's the chapter and i hope you like it!!!

"So he kissed you and just... left?" Davina asked, looking at the me in confusion. "Why the hell would he just leave?"

I looked at my young friend wearily and shrugged, rubbing a hand over my tired face. Marcel was out and about, doing whatever it was that he did while Davina stayed in her attic like a good little witch, thus letting me go unnoticed by the man. It'd been too long since I had found a friend that wasn't male or related to the man of which I had just kissed, was in dire need of some good, old-fashioned girl talk, and Davina was my only option. And after appearing in her room and making her swear on her life not to tell Marcel (in service of those of which she loved) I wasted no time in spilling my guts.

"I don't know," I sighed in exasperation. "I mean, one minute we're arguing, and the next..."

"His mouth is attacking yours."

"Exactly."

"But what about the other guy?" Davina asked, sitting up a little more. "Dylan, or whatever. I thought you liked him!"

"I thought I did too!" I groaned. "But when his lips were on mine... it was like Dylan never existed."

"Ugh! Your life is so dramatic," Davina whined. "I'm still stuck in this attic."

"First of all: sick rhyming skills you got there, 'Vina." I laughed. "Second of all, you don't want my life. Even I don't want my life."

"You made out with the hottest guy ever and are dating the close second. I would kill for your life."

"I thought you hated Klaus?"

"Hatred isn't blind, Opey."

I laughed at her raging hormones, thrown off by her words. I mean, I knew that she knew what he looked like and that she thought that he was hot, but I didn't expect that.

"That still doesn't explain why he just left." I pointed out.

"Maybe it's because you're sharing a body with his dead ex, among other things."

"Good point. Still weird, though."

"Yeah, so is sharing a body."

"Touché."

It was silent between us, both deep in contemplation of the situation.

"What comes next?" I asked myself. "Our relationship just reached the level where we're not at each other's throats and we're comfortable with one another. I don't want to throw that away, and I especially don't want to start over. I hate starting over."

"Then act as if it never happened."

"Oh, but it did, 'Vina. It happened. Big time."

"Well then act like it didn't."

"Why would I do that?"