37

n// this chapter goes out to all the faithful ass #klophelia shippers that have been waiting for a romance since chapter one that put up with my slow burn loving ass. yall are the real ones. i wrote davina in spirit of all the comments i get on the daily. love yall. ps look at how FIERCE she looks in that gif!!!!!!!!! 

"So what the hell are you doing, telling me all of this?"

The young witch that sat before me was mad, that's for sure. I'd just finished telling her the tale of the morning I'd just had with Klaus, and usually, she was all for my gossip. But today, she wasn't blushing or squealing, she was just damn angry at me.

"Well, our dynamic is usually that I pop in, bring food, some gifts, and the hottest gossip concerning me and the Mikaelsons, so..."

"So... let me get this straight... you both professed your love for one another, but you're here... telling me all of this?"

"Yes? I don't know why you're so mad at me, if I'm being honest."

Davina rolled her eyes at me and chucked a pillow at my head, resulting in me throwing it back twice as hard.

"What the hell was that for?!"

"For being a dumb witch, that's what!"

"I think the word you were looking for started with a b, but okay."

"Shut up, Ophelia!" Davina groaned. "You're so selfish! And foolish! And all the other -ishes in the world!"

"If you'd explain to me why I am like this, it'd be amazing!"

"You have something so special, and you don't even know it!" Davina shouted. "You're one of the luckiest people in the world and you're acting like this whole thing is nothing to you. Like loving someone and being loved in return is nothing to you."

"That's not fair—"

"Yes it is, Ophelia." She interrupted me. "Klaus Mikaelson loves you, and you love him. What more fair than that? Please, enlighten me."

"A war...?"

"Wouldn't it be better for you both if you combined your powers through the powers of love or something?" The young girl asked with a roll of her pretty eyes. "You two are honestly so stupid!"

"Calm down, Davina!"

"No! I will not calm down!"

That shut me right up, and so therefore Davina continued.

"People have been waiting all their lives to find a fraction of what you have. Hell, Klaus has been waiting centuries! In fact, all of those damn Mikaelsons have! So what makes you so selfish that you can't appreciate how lucky you are? I am trapped here in this tower, waiting for my chance at what you have while it is waiting for you at your door. 

"You know what? Maybe you were right. That isn't fair. Because there are people who deserve that kind of love and wouldn't spend so long wasting it on some sort of egotistical waiting game! I'm starting to think you like it. That you like the fact that you have someone that will always be waiting for you while you waste their time. And I hate to be so harsh, but as your friend I have to be. Because you're wasting not only his time, but your own. Yes, we are all at war right now. But you're forgetting that this is a war, Ophelia. People will get hurt, and there will be bloodshed. There is nothing we can do about this. And god forbid, if something happens to your stupid lover boy, how fucking stupid would you feel for not taking the chance you had? Hmm?"