35

"Where the hell have you two been and what the hell makes you think that you can hide a threat from me?"

The looks on the Mikaelson brothers' faces was enough to give me enough to laugh at for the next inordinate amount of time I have on earth. It was obvious that this was the last place they expected to see me. Where might this location be? Well, to answer your question, I was sitting in the middle of their living room, levitating above the lovely coffee table in the centre of it. Was it extra? Yeah, but that's exactly why I did it in the first place.

"Ophelia, we just wanted to keep you safe—"

"Safe?!" I interrupted Elijah, anger clearly written all over my face. "You call ignorance safety?! Well, that's funny, because I call it vulnerability!"

"I take it Kol did an excellent job at keeping it a secret." Klaus rolled his eyes.

"Yeah. Yeah, he did. And because of him, I am stuck with a cat and another Mikaelson that is always going to be in my apartment, not to mention the red flags that you three keep giving my boyfriend/boss thing."

"If Dean can't handle it, then maybe its best if you two don't see each other." The hybrid said with fake sympathy, earning a sharp glare at him.

"It's Dylan!" I screamed. "Dill-an. Now if you could stop all this jealousy bullfuckery and just tell me what the hell is really going on, that would be absolutely fucking lovely!"

"Where is Kol, by the way?"

"He is currently covering for me while I talk to you two howler monkeys, simultaneously babysitting the cat I now have because of you while Dylan thinks I'm in the bathroom! Now tell me what the hell is going on so I can get back to work and make sure that Kol hasn't compelled Salem to kill my boyfriend/boss thing!""

Flinching at the tone in my voice, the brothers sighed and looked at me, all previous trace of banter gone.

"Marcel is raising an army." Elijah stated.

"So I've heard."

"He's planning to attack."

"Really? I figured the army was for his newest project concerning Mardi Gras, a flash mob, and Lady Gaga."

"This isn't just any attack, Ophelia," Elijah said seriously. "He's coming for you, and he's gathering everyone he can to make sure that he gets you where he wants you."

"And where might that be?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at the brothers.

Clenching his jaw and glaring at the floor before looking into my dark brown eyes, Klaus sent shivers down my spine with this single word:

"Dead."

I knew he couldn't touch me. Marcel Gerard couldn't even lay a finger on me. If he killed me, I would come right back. I couldn't be killed. I knew this. He knew this. We all did, actually. But for some reason, I felt a deep sense of dread set in my bones. A dark, evil energy filling my very being.

He couldn't touch me. He couldn't touch me. He couldn't fucking touch me.

But why the hell was I so damn terrified?