epilogue

Esther, as we all could have guessed, made the right decision.

The war was quickly put to an end when we walked out together, holding hands and showing the witches what had gone down exactly. It was cheesy, but it got the message across quite well, if I do say so myself.

The witches, being the Ophelia hating jerks that they were, were obviously not very happy with the outcome of their efforts, but they were quickly silenced by Esther, who put them in their place.

That night, we set the foundation for the new New Orleans. A New Orleans of peace and love and coexistence between all species. A New Orleans that had no tyrannous leader, but instead, a council.

On that council, we had two representatives from every faction of the New Orleans supernatural community, all supervised and lead by none other than Niklaus Mikaelson and yours truly. How it worked was simple: the different factions would vote for who they wanted to represent them, those people were elected, and then placed on the council where we made sure that every voice was heard. And although we were still new to the whole democratic system thing, I had to admit — we were doing a pretty bang up job with it.

Now, you may be wondering what the hell Klaus Mikaelson was doing near any city that didn't crown him king, which is a question that is more than valid. Truth is, he had a hard time dealing with it at the beginning. In fact, he once suggested that we just take over entirely while everyone else was unsuspecting and weak. But I didn't let him. I stated my case for the more democratic approach, and eventually, we compromised and settled for us being the leaders of the whole thing.

Since then, life has been nothing short of perfect.

The council was great, no more wars, just some land disputes or complaints about the way certain things were going for a certain faction, but it was nothing that we couldn't hash out in a few minutes.

Kol and Davina fell hard for each other after the war ended, and it was rare that we saw them without the other. Now, Davina wasn't the happiest after finding out that I decapitated her father figure, but we moved past that eventually. I think it was mostly Kol who helped, but that didn't matter to me. I was just happy that they were happy.

Elijah had finally found love in a lovely woman called Hayley, who was a werewolf. To my understanding, she, too was an orphan who came from nothing and sought out answers in New Orleans. And with Elijah's help, she got those answers. They were madly in love, and her rebellious fire was the perfect remedy for Elijah's stick up the ass. And trust me, I made sure of it. No one is even coming within ten feet of my best friend without my approval.

I ended up meeting the rest of the Mikaelson siblings sometime after everything had calmed down, officially meeting the rest of the family. Granted, it wasn't as climactic as the last time I met a member of his family, but it was lovely nonetheless.

Freya and I immediately hit it off, comparing our powers and spells of the vast variety. We got along swimmingly, and I couldn't have been happier about that.

Finn, although deemed the bore of the family, was actually someone I got along greatly with. He was actually quite the individual, and had some pretty good jokes once you got him talking. After he was brought back from his criminally long slumber, he needed some catching up with the times. And believe you me, I was more than happy to volunteer for that. There was definitely some hard times and confusion between us, and even more times where he just couldn't handle me, but it was worth it in the end. We formed a strong bond, and I confidently say that I am one of his favourite people on this planet.