The Competition

(Pepper)

Lauren

"Mmmmm." I said stretching my arms out as I woke up.

I looked at my surroundings and saw that I was in Ace's room.

"Oh shit." I said jumping out his bed.

I was suppose to take a 1 hour nap and I guess a hour turned into all night.

I walked into the hallway looking for Ace. I heard his voice coming from downstairs.

I was just about to walk down there when I heard him talking to someone.

"So Lauren still here?" It sounded like Pepper.

"Yea she upstairs."

"Sooooo. You feeling her?"

"Hell no."

"You just wanna fuck huh?"

"Not even that. The bitch pussy probably loose. She was raped by her pops."

"Don't talk about her like that." Pepper started laughing.

"What's funny? I'm serious. She probably got some type of disease."

Hot tears started pouring from my eyes. I was beyond mad! I was furious. I stormed into the guest bed room and just cried.

I thought I could trust Ace with my secret. But he just sat there and called me out my name. I told him something that was very deep to me. And he just goes and tells somebody. This is pure bullshit.

A few minutes later I heard the front door shut and Ace's footsteps walking up the steps.

I quickly wiped my face and dried my eyes.

He opened my bedroom door. "Morning. You hungry?" He asked drinking a beer.

"No. I'm fine." I said looking away from him.

"Um okay. Do you want-"

I cut him off by walking into the bathroom. "I have to go to work."

Ace
Lauren was acting shady all of a sudden.

She was in the bathroom mirror applying lip gloss to her lips.

"You want me to take you to work-"

"No. I can walk." She cut me off.

"Lauren-"

"Bye." She started jogging downstairs. I quickly followed after her.

"Yo. What's your problem?" I grabbed onto her arm.

She roughly snatched her arm away. "I heard what you said about me and I don't appreciate that shit." She said as a tear ran down her face.

I sighed.

She shook her head and walked out the door.

I know I was wrong for saying that stuff, and for telling her business. I didn't really mean what I said. I gotta make it up to her.

Lauren

The cold air kept hitting my face as I walked and cried. I was so frustrated with Ace.

As soon as I made it to Benny's I swung the door open and walked back to the kitchen not even speaking to Ms. Evelyn.

"Lauren?" She said coming into the kitchen with me.

I angrily put my apron on and pulled my hair into a pony tail.

"Chile' what's the matter?" Ms. Evelyn asked looking at my puffy eyes and red face.