A New Friend

(Flex)

Lauren

The loud thunder made me jump out of my good sleep. The hard rain poured heavily on the roof. The wind made a song through the air.

"Ace?" I turned on the lamp and he wasn't in bed.

He knows I'm scared as hell of thunder.

"ACE!"

Ace

I unlocked my car door so she could get in.

"Thanks so much for picking me up Ace." She closed her umbrella.

"Mhm."

"So are you taking me back to your place?"

"Hell no. I'm taking your ass to a hotel."

"It's still like that? A couple of years past and you still can't forgive me?"

"I don't forgive snitches."

She shook her head and grabbed her lighter to light her cigar. "I thought you grew up Ace."

"I did Cam."

"Seems like your still a boy. Because any man would have forgiven me. I did what I had to do. How many times do you want me to apologize?"

I ignored her and kept driving.

I bet your wondering who Cam is huh? She was my old business partner. I started the game with her. One day shit got out of control and the cops got a hold of us. Well long story short she snitched on me and I got sent to jail for 5 years. And still to this day I don't forgive her ass.

My phone rang. I looked down and read the name.

Lauren❤️

"Who's Lauren? One of your hoes?" She shifted her cigar from her right hand to her left.

"Nah not at all."

"Mmmm. Since I'm back in town you wanna start doing business again?"

I pulled in front of Motel 6. "No."

She rolled her eyes. "See ya lata' playa." Cam grabbed her back pack from the back seat and walked into the motel.

I quickly sped back home because I knew Lauren was up scared to death.

When I got home I saw my bedroom light on.

"Lauren-"

"Where were you!?" She yelled.

"Had to handle some shit with Darwin."

"In the rain?"

"Yea ma."

"Oh. Next time let me know."

"Sure thang." I slipped back into bed with her.
*

*

*

Lauren

The rain finally stopped. I was happy because I needed to go grocery shopping.

I slipped on my rain boots because it was kinda muddy outside.

"Ace I'm going to Walmart. You want anything?"

"Uh. I want some ham and cheese hot pockets. And blueberry pop tarts."

I wrote it down on my list. "Okay. I will be back later on."