Ride or Die?

Lauren

My whole body froze.

"Y-y-your what?"

"I'm a cop. And I'm going to be arresting Ace tonight." He put his badge back up and started walking away from me.

"Wait!" I started running after him.

"Why? Why arrest him?"

"Because Lauren. I have been following his ass for years trying to find dirt on him and I finally found it thanks to you. He has a house full of illegal drugs and he's going to jail for it."

"Flex. Please don't."

"Why shouldn't I?"

"Because..., because I'm pregnant." I lied. "Yea I'm pregnant with his baby."

"That isn't going to stop me. I'm sorry Lauren but he's gotta go."

Tears started to form in my eyes. I can't let Ace go to jail because of me. This is all my fault! I shouldn't have let Flex in the house.

Stop it Lauren. Stop being weak and do something.

I quickly ran out the mall and hopped in my Range. I started up the engine and sped off.

"Pick up. Pick up." I said while calling Ace.

"Your call has been forwarded to an automatic voice messaging-"

"DAMNIT!"

Ace

When I found out this "Flex" nigga was a cop. My blood started boiling. I immediately called up the whole crew.

"Ray find out where this nigga lay his head at night." I started giving orders.

"Pepper load up all the guns. Darwin go start up the vans And Tae go to my house and make sure all the drugs, money and guns aren't there." I gave him a key.

"Alright." He said and took the key out my hands.

While my crew was doing what they were told I checked my phone and saw Lauren had called. I was tempted to call her back but I didn't because I would have cussed her ass out as soon as she answered.

This shit is all her fault. I told her to stop talking to that nigga.

"He lives in the Mountain view neighborhood on Shady Grove avenue. House 113. All brick house with a all black mail box." Ray told me all at once.

"Alright. Let's load up."
*

*

*

"113. Right there to the right." Pepper told Ray as he drove.

I was in the back of the van ready to set some shit off. Ray parked the van a few houses down.

"Boss you sure you wanna' do this? I mean just because he's a cop-"

"He was in my house. Ain't no tellin' what he saw. I'm not going down like this. We kill him and get the hell out."

"Okay." Ray cut the engine and dimmed the lights.

"Pep. You ready?" I asked.

She cocked her gun back. "Ready."

"Darwin?"

"Let's do this shit." He said.

We all got out the van and slowly walked to his house. We went behind his house. I took my safety mode off my pistol.

"Where we shooting first?" Darwin whispered.

"Front door."

"Gotcha."

"On 3. 1....2..." I stopped counting when I saw Lauren standing outside the door talking to this nigga.

"Please don't arrest him. Please Flex." Lauren cried.

"I have too." Flex said.

"What are we waiting for boss?" Ray asked.

"My girl right by the target."

"Yo girl?" Darwin asked.

"Lauren." I said.

"Awwww." Pepper said.

"What are we gonna do now?" Lonnie asked.

I had to think. Lauren was still having a conversation with him and I wasn't gonna take any chances to start shooting, but I needed him to be dead.

I pulled out my phone and quickly texted Tae.

Me: call Lauren and tell her Abby got hurt.

Tae: why?

Me: JUST FUCKING DO IT!

About 3 minutes later Lauren got the call and ran to her car.

"Go." I said to the crew.

Darwin kicked the front door down and we all ran inside.

We saw him walking upstairs and started shooting all at once.

His body dropped to the floor and rolled down the steps.

"Well that was easy." Pepper said.

I chuckled. "Clean up the blood. I will handle the body."

I grabbed his legs and dragged him outside. I looked up and saw Lauren siting in her car scared to death.

"Damn. Damn. Damn."
*

*

*

Lauren

"Get the hell away from me Ace!" I yelled as we walked in the house.

He walked closer to me. "Lauren-"

"Your fucking sick. You killed an innocent man for no reason."

"He was gonna lock me up! What else could I do!?" Ace yelled.

I sighed and put my face in my hands. I watched the whole thing go down and it replayed in my mind.

I felt Ace grab my waist. "This is the Game. And if you gone be my girl this is the life you gotta' live. You either riding or you not. What you gone do?"

I looked up at him. "I'm riding."