Prologue: Seeing Each Other Again

I don't own H2O: Just Add Water or The Originals. They all belong to their respective creators.

"Elijah, if not answering your phone is part of your clever plan to get me back to this godforsaken city, well done," Rebekah Mikaelson said, getting out of her car. "Well, I'm here and I'm worried. Now pick up before I kick in your bloody phone," she hangs up while walking inside the house where Hayley Marshall is walking down the stairs.

"Who the hell are you?" Asks Hayley.

"Ahh...you must be the maid," Rebekah answers. "My bags are in the car. Get them will you?"

"Hello..." Hayley says walking down the stairs some more with a crowbar in her hands, "not the maid."

"Right, you're that werewolf girl my brother, Klaus, knocked up," Rebekah replied. "I was expecting to see some kind of supernatural miracle baby bump. Guess you're not showing yet," she sighed. "It's Hayley, isn't it?"

"You have your broth-Emma?" Hayley started before stopping when she sees her old friend Emma Gilbert standing where she thought Rebekah was standing.

"How do you know that name?!?" Rebekah hisses, trying not to push Hayley against the wall since she's pregnant.

"It's me, Cleo...remember? Your mermaid friend?" Hayley answers, slightly confused.

"Cleo? Cleo Sertori?" Rebekah asks, confused.

"Yeah," Hayley smiles, "remember me?"

"Yeah. I do," Rebekah smiles a little. "But how are you here?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean why do you go by a different name? And why do people think you're a werewolf when you're a mermaid?"

"I could be asking you the same thing but instead of the werewolf part, you would be a vampire..."

Rebekah laughs, "I guess we have a lot to talk about. But first...where's Elijah?"

Hayley shrugs, "I don't know, but Klaus told me he bailed."

Rebekah groans before shouting, "Klaus! Get out here and tell me what you did with our brother, you narcissistic backstabbing wanker!" She walks into the other room while Niklaus Mikaelson, or Klaus, walks out of another room connecting to the room Rebekah just walked into.

"Enough with all the shouting, little sister," Klaus says." I should have known. I assume the six dead vampires were you doing?" He asks while walking closer to Rebekah.

"They were very rude," Rebekah answered. "Trying to victimize a poor innocent girl just trying to find her way to the quarter. So sorry, were they friends of yours? Oh, that's right, you don't have any friends," she smirks.

"I do have friends," Klaus insists. "I have Marcel. You remember him, don't you? Yes, of course, you do. He fancies himself the king of the quarter now and he has these rules about killing vampires, it'll be fun to see what sort of punishment he comes up for you."

"I don't care about Marcel," Rebekah says while Hayley is just watching from the door, "or his rules. Elijah doesn't welsh on wheels. What did you do to him?" Rebekah asks, getting back on point.

"Perhaps he's on holiday," Klaus replies sitting down, "or taking a long autumn nap upstairs. Well go on," he smirks as Rebekah rolls her eyes, "take a look around. You remember this house as well as I," he turns around since Rebekah already started walking away.

"I remember everything," Rebekah replies before walking away, leaving Klaus alone, Hayley having left after knowing Rebekah was going to get the answer of where Elijah is.

✦✧✦✧

A few hours later, Rebekah and Hayley met up again once they were sure Elijah and Klaus wouldn't kill each other or spy on the girls.

"So..." Hayley says awkwardly.

"So..." Rebekah repeats. "I suppose you would like to know how I'm Rebekah Mikaelson and Emma Gilbert at the same time?" At Hayley's nod, Rebekah continues, "Well it started when Klaus daggered me..." she started to get lost in thought. "I was somehow able to compel the person holding me to undagger me for a little bit at a time before he just let me go with a promise to call me if Klaus wanted to look in my coffin... when he let me go, I went to Australia knowing that was the farthest I could be from Klaus without him seeing me at that time. Then when I got to Australia, I compelled some people who wanted another child, the Gilbert's, into thinking I was their daughter and I was Elliot's older sister named Emma, since I always liked that name...then when I meet you and Rikki and we fell into the moon pool...I was surprised when I had a tail the next day since I didn't think that kind of magic would work on me, since it meant that I would have magic, and vampires can't have magic, but I think it was something to do with the moon pool being connected to the Earth and giving off its magic in waves. I never really learned why I had a tail and magic when I was a vampire, but two years after we became mermaids, Klaus decided to look into my coffin. Luckily, the person responsible for my coffin got him to change his mind but I had to head back quickly. So, when I told you guys that I was leaving with my family, I was going back into the coffin with a dagger in my chest. I compelled the Gilbert's to move to America so it wouldn't be so suspicious that I left but my parents and brother didn't." Rebekah concluded. "I've been a vampire/mermaid hybrid ever since."

"Wow," Hayley says shocked, "I guess it's my turn...." Rebekah nods so Hayley jumps into her explanation. "Well, when I broke the curse, I was 13, my foster parents didn't want me so they sent me back to the foster system. A few months later, the Sertori's adopted me and I had a chance to change my name, so I chose Cleo since it was the middle name I chose when I chose Hayley as my name. I always left during the full moon when I changed and they didn't question it, but when I started to freak out over the water, they started to worry. During that first full moon of being a mermaid, I was really worried that my werewolf secret would be leaked but when I found out that I didn't turn into a wolf and that I only got moonstruck, I was really confused. I guessed that being near Mako made my mermaid side more prominent instead of my wolf side. But when I moved back here, I started changing into a wolf again but still had my tail." Hayley finishes, playing with her locket that she never took off. Her gem necklace got turned into a ring so it would be easier to wear both at the same time.

"You kept the locket," Rebekah says, noticing the locket around Hayley's neck while grabbing her locket around her neck.

"Yeah. I never took it off."

"Neither did I. So did anything happen during the years that I was gone?"

"Yeah a lot actually," Hayley smiles. "We meet another mermaid named Bella. She gave us these necklaces," she motions to the gem on her hand, "but I turned mine into a ring." Hayley continues before telling Rebekah all that happened in the year after she left. "Then we all left and went to college. I haven't kept in touch with them since the whole..." she motions to her stomach, "baby incident" Rebekah nods, in shock, not able to get over that Hayley, Rikki, and Bella stopped a comet while she was daggered. "A lot to process?"

"Yeah... I can't believe you all stopped a comet."

"I can't believe that no one told you."

"True." They both laugh and end up talking for the rest of the night.