Chapter 19

I woke up with a sigh. There was a heavy smell of cheap cologne and cigarettes. There was an arm locked around my waist, and a hand on my hair.

I gasped.

Don't open your eyes! Don't open them!

What in the world happened last night?

Ok, ok, relax. Julia's dinner, remember? You all had too much to drink, you got a cab home – or did someone drive?

Who brought me home?

Wait. Am I home?

Doesn't smell like home. Smells like a guy's home.

Someone moaned close to my ear, and the arm stirred around me. The hand attached to it caressed my waist.

Holy shit!

Dear God, where am I?!

I took the courage to open my eyes and frowned. Fantasia's apartment. Thank God it wasn't some guy I had ended up hooking up with. Never happened before, but... well, I did have a shocking amount of alcohol during dinner.

I eyed the hand around my waist and recognized it due to the silver watch on it. Tyler's arm? Why was Tyler's arm around my waist.

Because your head is on his lap, genius.

No! I do not have my head- Oh, will you look at that, I actually do.

I looked up and saw Tyler's head tilted down, his mouth slightly open as he snored. Tyler's other hand was the one lost in my hair, on his lap. I had his work blazer on, too big for me, but very warm as it wrapped me in a soft cocoon.

Another snore, much louder, joined him. It was Fantasia's, and she was sleeping over her Tiki coffee table. That made me grin. Coreen – not me, the Queen – was the one stirring around my legs, as they tangled on her lap. Coreen's usual blonde wig was off, and her... well, his, short blonde hair was a surprise paired with the pink dress.

Julia and Gavin were sleeping on the other sofa, her lying on top of him, a princess tiara on her head with a big 30 in it. Lydia was on the carpet with a quilt around her plump body, Leo – the blonde bodyguard –, lying on his back and one of her large legs over his waist. I could barely hold the hysterical laugh that was building up my throat.

Coreen stirred, elbowing my legs out of her lap. I pulled up further from her side, and ended up all curled up around Tyler's arm. He moved a bit, his arm squeezing me tighter and his hand on my hair caressing it. I turned a bit so I was looking up at his sleeping face.

His blue eyes were closed, his thin lips opened as he took deep breaths in and out. His jaw relaxed and straight nose casting a shadow over one of his plane cheeks. I've always noticed how handsome Tyler was, especially when he smiled; however, this was the first time I was assaulted with the feeling to touch him – as in, caress his face.

I cursed in my mind at the thought.

What the fuck are you doing, Alice Summers?! This is Tyler you're thinking about! You can't touch Tyler in any way! That's just sick! He's your bodyguard, for Heaven's sake! He's Charlie's bodyguard!

So what?, the Devil side of my mind snorted. Charlie isn't here at the moment, now, is he? What's wrong with touching the hot guy that's actually standing by your side?!

"Hey, Alice."

I jumped at a whispering voice. I saw Lydia grinning like the cat that ate the canary.

"I made out with the hot bodyguard!" She shrieked in a whisper.