Chapter 21

I woke up feeling sore all over my body as it felt as though I couldn't stretch, my body was filled with bruises and scratches especially on my face. I washed my face as I changed into day clothes. I decided with a plain blue shirt and skinny jeans I didn't want to attract to much attention. Even my hair did fade a little of red. I put my hand on the door knob talking a deep breathe before exiting out my room.
    It seemed as though I'm walking through the halls everyone is busy working hard. I wonder where my royal guards are at?
     As I was walking I smelled the aroma of smoked bacon and eggs and I already knew I was near the kitchen. I stepped in as they all froze when they saw me.
    "Oh princess moonlight-"
     "Please from now on call me Kalista." I said politely.
      "Okay, well Kalista," he said not used to calling me that. "I made you some breakfast. I will tell someone to bring it to you in the dinning room for you. If that's alright."
    I nodded my head and went to the dinning room as one of my servants gave me some water.
    As I waited I heard a little bit of arguing in the hall that I was about to get up but then I saw a familiar face.
    "Henry?" I said surprised. It seemed as though he was holding a plate of food balancing it with one hand walking nervously up to me.
      When he reached my table he put the plate down and took a seat.
     "Surprised?" He said.
      "Um yeah. I'm just shocked you came in here. You already know your not allowed."
     "Yeah I know but after...yesterday." He said the last word carefully as though it was a bomb. "That you were in charge. And plus I wanted to see you again. Like this I mean. Talking to eachother."
      "Yeah it's nice to talk to you. I have just been so busy. With getting kid napped, finding my mate, battling-"
     "Wait a second go back."
     "Um, finding my mate."
       He got sad and disappointed."Why haven't you told me this." He said pisted. "We promised to tell eachother." He then thought for a second. "I guess I owe you 5 dollars."
      "No need." I said as My family already has lots of money."Anyway." I said putting some bacon strips in my mouth. "Have you seen my royal guards."
      "Is one of them your mate."
       "Henry, one of them is not; this is serious." I then took a bite of eggs everytime he talked.
        "Okay. Well yes I saw them on the first floor that we are on."
        "I see." I said thinking. "They probably took a visit to see my dad." I put my fork on the plate and stood up.
       "Where are you going?"
        "I need to take care of some stuff right now."
         "You know.. I was wondering if we can hang out. You know to take your mind off of this."
      I smiled at him. "I appreciate you caring but I need to know where I stand right now." I said walking out of the dinning room. I turned to look at him. "Maybe next time." I said before walking again.
    I felt kind of bad leaving him but I knew I didn't have time. I walked inside the ER as I saw lots of people here still on the beds and of course there were special rooms for emergency.
    I walked up to one of the nurses. "Where is my father?"
     "Oh," she said worried. "He's in the room all the way back. Also your mate is here I think he went outside to take a breather."
    "My mate?" Of course. "Well thanks." I said before walking straight with confidence. I reached the room with my father as I saw 2 of my guards that it just hit my on how Ethan is doing.
    "Noah, and Tim there you are I was looking all over for you guys."
     They all faced me with shocked faces. As though I wasn't just tired of seeing those today and it's only been an hour.
    "Yes what is?" Tim said. I saw the scratches on Tim too just like Noah but Noah's scratches looked worse then mine infected. Kind of like slight bags underneath both their eyes.
      "I'll talk to you later right now let me talk to him to Axton."
        They exited out of the room unsure. "Make sure you don't hear I want this to be between me and him."
I turned to my dad as his right arm was on top of the cover as his left side looked bandaged but was mostly covered with the blanket. He looked weak as though he could tell he lost a lot of blood. I saw many needles connected to his skin as his eyes looked soulless.
     He looked straight at me it felt as though there was slight anger in them but he opened his mouth to say one word.
     "Why?"
       "What do you mean why?"
        "Why would you help me after everything. I didn't rescue you when Ravana took you, I left you."
     "Trust me, I know a lot a more about you than just that. I know that the north and south were one pack and now that's going to happen again."
      "Why also I saw you fight and stand your guard up to Ravana how could you?"
     "I won and now he's gone." I said not trying to put regret in my sentence.
      I saw my dad disappointed like he could snap at any second. "Moonlight."
     "It's Kalista now."
      "Fine. Kalista you embarrassed me. You won my fight. You stood up for yourself," he then sat up and I saw that they amputated his arm as white banged were around.
     "What are you."
       He than grabbed my hand and pulled me close into a hug. I quickly pushed him away as he never hugged me before. "What is wrong with you? Is the medicine doing something to your head." He then let go and sat down.
     "When I was a little boy my father always told me to never have a daughter and treat girls less because they are weak and tricksters. You know even if it didn't seem like it, I admit I was thinking of girls, of everything I wasn't supposed to on how strong they were. But when my father knew how I felt about them he abused me. Then my girlfriend cheated on me. I realized then that my father was right. And so." He stopped for a second. "I got your mother and treated her as a worthless thing and took advantage of her. When you were born a girl," he looked up at me. "I wanted to kill you so bad. But somehow your mother convinced me. Then." He stopped and looked up at me face as all I could do was listen. Never in my life has he talked to me like this. I felt alone which is why I would hang out with Henry.
      "You were a white wolf, in legend you were supposed to bring good luck. But you caused promblems."
    "Which then you made that deal with my mom proving how useful I could be. Am I right?" I said.
    "How did you-"
     "I told you I know more than you think."
     "Well, yes, but now your bringing in good luck. Your now strong and look you said the south pack is coming right."
     "Tomorrow, actually."
      "Well okay then. I can't believe it took me this long but also without an arm you are now officially the alpha. I can't work anymore."
    "Dad."
      "No. I don't want to hear it now be gone." He said going back to his old ways again with his salty voice.
     I walked at off the room suddenly as my face showed a smile that wouldn't stop. I walked down as I saw my 2 guards. "How did it go?"Noah said.
     "My father said I'm the official alpha now and told me his back story. I don't know if this is a trick but if it is right now, I don't care." I then looked for Ethan. "Wait a second is Ethan going to be okay."
    "Yes he's just fine."
    "Okay." I said in a hurry. "Now I got to go and do something."
     I ran outside as I saw my mate and best friend. They turned to look at me but didn't seem as though they were going to walk my way which was okay, I needed to continue anyway.
   Over 3 hours past and I made sure to tell some of my pack to make camps for the new wolves to come that later we would build houses and that tomorrow some have to stay at my house and some at our old camps.
   Only time will tell how good this will turn out. Hopefully just fine.