Chapter 25

I bit my lip drawing blood as they put Cameron in the emergency room letting no one but doctors and nurses in. It seemed as though another wolf went in a different emergency room. I didn't see Vixten but one thing is for sure. All of them got badly injured, that pack must be stronger than I thought.
   I turned to Ethan as his eyes started to look weaker. I felt helpless, mad, sad, and all other emotions that it feels as though nothing good is happening. I clenched my fist as they started to turn white. Nothing is going the same as it feels like each minute of my life is changing for worse.
   "Kalaita your bleeding." I snapped out of my thoughts looking at Ethan.
    "Don't worry about me." I said trying to reassure him.
    "By the way I wanted to tell you something that I should've told you a long time ago." He said feeling guilty.
     "What is it."
    "I'm so sorry about that day you fell into the muddy river because of me. I'm just so sorry." He said his eyes glazing.
    "Oh Ethan." I said smiling. "You out of all people should not apologize. I know that you didn't mean it."
    His eyes looked as though they were know filled with hope. Ethan always the positive trying to reassure everybody and for the first time I'm doing it to him. "Your sure."
    "Yes." Suddenly Ethan's body stopped moving as his head slightly moved into an uncomfortable position. "Thank you." Was the last breathe he took before closing his eyes with a smile.
    "Ethan. Ethan! Ethan!" I said louder and louder. Suddenly I couldn't take it anymore and I started to sob not caring who looked at me.
Tim and Noah both put a hand on my back trying to comfort me. But it only barely worked. My royal guards are like family to me and to lose one is losing a piece of a good memory that I could've made with them.
I used my hands to wipe my tears as I could tell my eyes turned red.
"Kalista is there anything we can do to make you feel better?" Said Tim trying not to show his pisted face from losing Ethan. Noah on the other hand was silent clenching his teeth together as though speaking would make it worse.
"No Tim." Oh loyal Tim how much pain is there left. I feel as though I'm losing my sanity. To much to bare and I can't run away.
We all stood quiet as the nurses were busy running going back and forth.
When some time passed a doctor came in looking exhausted as his gray hair was everywhere and his face a little sweaty.
"Sorry alpha Kalista I have been so busy with the other patients I didn't have time to check Ethan." He said coming in he checked the heart monitor and saw Ethan as he realized the situation. "Oh I see. Sorry for your loss."
   "How's Cameron." I said wanting to focus on someone who was alive.
    "He's going to live just like with the other 4 wolves."
     "Did they lose limbs or anything."
      "Nothing like that but they did lose a lot of blood and are badly scratched. The wolve healing would heal then but they would still have scars."
    "When can I see them?"
     " You can see them tomorrow sorry but I just don't want them to wake up they need lots of rest."
      "I understand." I said getting up from my chair. I got my hair out of my face putting my back up straight and walking out, showing a stoic face as if nothing happened.
    Tim and Noah followed behind me. "Tim and Noah you don't have to follow me go and do you. I want to be alone right now." I said looking forward.
"Of course." They said.
I walked to the 3 floor as I saw Sammuels room. He got out just as I was walking near it. "Oh kalista. Do you have any idea what's going on right now? I just know that the shadow pack is coming. I've heard stories on how ruthless they are."
"Yes I do." I said as I stopped walking but still looking forward.
"There the fastest pack no one can beat their speed except their alpha. Just the thought of him." Said Samuel holding himself tight I'm guessing. "What are you-" he spoke again as I started to walk towards my room.
"Kalista?" He said annoyed.
"Not right now." I said trying not to put my anger on him.
I opened my door as I went in and locked it. I sat on my bed staring at the ceiling I knew so well. I put my hand up seeing as though I could touch it. "I need to be a better alpha. I know that I am so inexperienced with these things. I can't keep on walking back to my room each time something bad happens. Also it's not like I have my fathers support." I said talking to my self.
I put my hand down and got a strand of my hair. "My faded red that's slightly looking orange. My attitude, the way I was so weak but joyful. What happened? I found my mate I'm official alpha things I've been wanting but why do I still feel useless. Doing everything wrong." I closed my eyes putting my arm over my eyes. "My dad was right I am useless. But I just need to do the thing I keep telling myself. I can do it."
I then put the covers over me as my window was open letting the warm hit me like a fresh breeze as all I could do was try to let darkness come.