Twelfth Song: HISTORY'S MISSING PIECE

After breakfast, Lavi, Allen with Link, Kanda, and Lenalee went to Komui's office but before that Allen had Lou in Toma's care because Lavi said to him that they are going to talk about the identity of the little lad.

Inside Komui's messy office stood Komui in front of his desk leaning his back on it and in front of him from the left are the exorcists; Kanda, Lenalee, Allen, Lavi, and bookman who sat on the couch sipping his tea in silence. And also Link who stood at the corner silently taking down notes. For now, this information that they are going to discuss about will remain a secret between them only.

"So, what is it about Lou nii-san?" Lenalee asked first.

"First, according to your report you found Lou on the way back to the inn and was attacked be a level three akuma and this akuma told you to take care of the kid. Next is, Lou's escape. The question is how he managed to dispel Link's barrier. Furthermore, there's a possibility that the latter is a parasitic-type innocence wielder. But we'll know that if he is or not once we bring him to Hevie to confirm it. Am I right, Allen? Lavi?" Komui asked for a confirmation whether he missed something or not.

Allen and Lavi nodded a yes.

"Uhmm…one more thing. I didn't include this to the report thinking that I should ask gramps first." Said Lavi which gained the attention of Komui and the others.

"Hm? What is it Lavi?" asked Komui.

"The kid is not the normal kid we encounter in everyday basis."

"Tch. I know what you mean." Kanda interrupted, eyes were closed and arms crossed over his chest, before Lavi could say the next sentence. Everyone glanced at him with the looks of can-you-explain-what-you-mean thing which Kanda didn't fail to notice and answered.

"When the chibi bumped on me and I glared at him." he said. "He just stared back at me as if nothing was wrong and…nothing. There's nothing on his face but blank."

"What?" Allen asked for clarification.

"What I mean is that there is no emotion on his face though he looks so innocent and all but I can feel it." Kanda replied.

"Hmm…like I said, he is not a normal kid." Said Lavi. "Allen, when you were still asleep I asked Lou to come with me downstairs but he declined and stayed by your side waiting for you to wake up. Then there was this aura that made me wary of the kid's presence. To top it all he said 'Besides, it's been awhile since we've been together like this.' He was talking about you Allen. Have you met him before?"

"…That's weird. I didn't know him until we met him that night. He even called me 'papa' without a second thought or something as if he wasn't surprised at all."

"Bookman, do you know something about this?" Komui asked as he turned his attention to Bookman.

Bookman took a sip before placing the cup down and said, "Yes and no."

"What do you mean?" Lenalee spoke first before his brother.

"Well, 'Yes' I might know something and 'No' because this is the first time that I encountered like this. Well, we could say that the kid is part of the missing history like the 14th but the difference is that we, bookmen, doesn't have any records about the kid or anything that would link to his identity except the fact that the Noahs might known him. He could possibly be related to the 14th whom we only have little knowledge about him. He could be the son of the 14th. Who knows? We don't even know the 14th's name and age except that he betrayed his family, he killed them all except the 1st and 9th disciple and 'cause damages in the memories of those who he had killed." Bookman explained. "Well, it's only a theory that he is related to the Noahs. Like I said, we don't have any records about the latter."

"Tch. That brat is so troublesome. We should just kill him right now."

"Kanda!" Lenalee scolded. "Don't say that. We still don't know what he really is. Maybe he is like the 14th who wants the Earl dead."

"My dear sister's right Kanda. Please calm down." Said Komui and Lavi nodded in agreement.

"I think the best way to know about him is to observe him carefully and Allen will do the job." Lavi pointed out.

"Ehh!? Why me!?"

"Because, Allen, you are his 'PAPA'!" Lavi chimed as he leaned over Allen and smiled foolishly.

Allen sweat dropped. "F-fine then."

"Alright! Allen will babysit Lou and of course you're not alone in this. We're going to help!" Komui chirped. His mood changed from serious to carefree. He then clasped his hand and dismissed the group.

+++[Angel's Last Song]+++

"Oh, Tyki-pon~! *hearts*" the Earl who sat on his racking chair petting the cat Lulubell said in a carefree tone. Tyki twitched because of the given nickname.

He sighed. "Earl, please…stop calling me that." Tyki pleaded as he combed his hair back. He was at the door frame standing.

"Hohoho~!"

"Anyway, do you have a job for me?"

"That's right~! *hearts*"

"What is it?"

"I want you to visit the little lad. Don't do anything. Just visit him and tell me how he is doing."

"Alright." Tyki said with a smirk on his face.