Twenty- seventh Song: WHEN NIGHT FALLS

s the path that I chose to walk on to really mine? Was it me who chose it or was it prepared by someone else long ago before I was born? Ever since I started my life as an exorcist I gained titles. The Destroyer of Time, the 14th, the Musician, the Noah of Destruction, God's most Beloved Son, God's Crowned Clown, and a puppet. But Master said that there is no one but me who chose my own path and leave footmarks on it as I continue on walking. No one walks for me but myself.

That is right.

I chose my own path, my own way, and I will continue on walking, leaving my footsteps behind as a mark of my hard works in life, until my last breath.

+++[Angel's Last Song]+++

Cross Marian rushed outside with Timcanpy and the finder in tow. He dropped his cigarette and stomped on it as he trudged through the dead forest. It didn't take them so long before they reached a battle field where a group of exorcists were fighting off two level fours. At far right was a barrier made off roots and stems. General Tiedoll is protecting someone inside that, I supposed. Cross thought. Inhaling a lung- full of air, and took a step forward to help his comrades.

"General!" called the finder from behind. Cross halted his pace and looked over his shoulder. Calm, defiant eyes stared at the nervous ones.

"Stay here with Tim and hide." was all what the General had said before he left.

The exorcists were having a hard time. Working together as a team, they somehow decapitated the other one, however, it wasn't enough.

Lavi trapped the two level fours in a circular wall out of Earth, General Tiedoll helped immobilized them. The rest of them attacked at the same time with everthing they got. They hit the akumas successfully, an explosion bursted. They all landed simultaneously waiting for the smoke to clear. Not long after, just before the smoke cleared, the exorcists were sent away by a powerful force from the area where they supposed the akumas were beaten up. The exorcists hit the trees as they were sent away about 50 meters from where they were standing. They all fell limp on the ground, wounds kept on healing itself temporarily but the exhaustion seemed to peak through. Miranda in the other hand was pretty exhausted as, she was panting slightly as she tried her best to help. Her comrades must have gone through a lot, she didn't expected the innocence took its toll on her this fast.

The level akumas chuckled, amused by their handy work, and started to run wild as they aimed at the exorcists who were struggling to get up, however, before they could even formed a ball of dark matter, their enemy suddenly disappeared from their sight. When they tried to move, they couldn't. They started to panic when their arms were forced down.

"What's happening?!" an eerily childish voice screamed in fear as the akumas flailed in vain.

The exorcists were shocked to see the akumas acted like they vanished and they couldn't. There is only one person who could do this kind of stuff.

"Cross." General Socalo spoke.

"Whut?" Lavi stared at him, confused. Did he hear him right?

"Cross Marian is back." said General Nine, her monkey jumped in agreement.

"Wasn't he dead?" asked Kanda.

"But no body was found to confirm it. He must've escape." General Tiedoll answered.

"Who's Cross Marian?" feeling out, Lou finally asked them generally.

"He is Allen's Master, General Cross Marian." smiling, Lenalee told him.

"And speaking of him, he is right behind you, Lou." Chaoji pointed directly at the man behind Lou.

Lou's eyes widened a little and it got wider even more when he looked over his shoulder and recognized that very same man he met five years ago who gave him a book that tells about the facts of Holy War.