When I Come Home - 7

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Criminal Minds. Nothing belongs to me except, Morgan Reid, Jason Reid, Ryan Reid, and Ella Reid. The GIF's don't belong to me, the song, or the song video. All that belongs to me is my characters and my book. All statistics or places I use are made up, unless said otherwise. If it is said otherwise it will be in the ending author note. Any mistakes please tell me.

Tuesday, September 5, Reid Household

5:07 PM

She checked the phone number and it was an unknown, she picked up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hi is this Morgan Reid?"

"Yes, this is she."

"Oh good, this is Rowen Jacobs with Child Protective Services. I have Athena Gomez here with me, her parents were in a car accident earlier this evening."

Morgan turned off the stove and staggered towards the dining room so she could sit down. "Oh my god, are they okay?"

"Ma'am where are you?" Rowena asked the woman who sounded like she was about to fall.

"I'm sitting down in my dining room."

"Ma'am unfortunately Mr. and Mrs. Gomez did not make it. I am calling because we need you to come to Pennsylvania to get her. Both of her grandparents can not care for her at this time. And in her parents will it says she is to go to you and your husband if anything were to happen to them. I know this must be a shock Mrs. Reid and I am sorry to spring all of this on you over the phone, but you need to come and get her."

"They're dead?" Morgan chocked out, she put a hand to her face. Sara and Ashton were the only people who were nice to her husband in high school. They had been close family friends ever since. Morgan chocked on a sob that started to come out, she looked at the table and noticed her laptop that sat there. She opened it up and looked for an airline ticket, "I can be there in 3 hours."

"Okay ma'am, we will be at Chester County Hospital. Would you like to talk to Athena?"

"Yes please." Morgan cried.

She heard shuffling which she assumed was the phone getting passed to Athena.

"Hello?" She heard the broken voice and almost sobbed from the tone.

"Kitty, I'll be there soon okay," Morgan told her goddaughter.

At hearing her aunt's voice Athena (Kitty) broke in sobs, "Aunt Morgan?"

"Oh hi baby, I'm so sorry. But I'll be there soon, okay? Give me three hours and I'll be there."

"Okay." Kitty's voice sounded so small that Morgan silently cried some more.

"I love you so much, baby, I promise I'll be there soon."

"I love you too Aunt Morgan."