When I Come Home - 9

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Criminal Minds. Nothing belongs to me except, Morgan Reid, Jason Reid, Ryan Reid, and Ella Reid. The GIF's don't belong to me, the song, or the song video. All that belongs to me is my characters and my book. All statistics or places I use are made up, unless said otherwise. If it is said otherwise it will be in the ending author note. Any mistakes please tell me.

Tuesday, September 5, Chester County Hospital

8:05 PM

Morgan walked into the room and looked at where her niece laid in the hospital bed.

Kitty turned to look at the door and saw her godmother. "Morgan?"

Morgan started to cry at the broken whisper that came out of the usually strong girl. Seeing her aunt crying made Kitty cry, "Oh no, sweet girl." Morgan made her way towards the young girl and pulled her in her arms, being careful of all the wires hooked onto her. Morgan looked at the young woman, who she assumed was the social worker, with her goddaughter in her arms. "How has she been?"

Rowen looked at Morgan and shut the folder she had been looking in, "This is the first time that Kitty has cried. She has mostly been in shock, but you and your husband being her will be very good for her."

Morgan nodded and looked down to Kitty who was slowly falling asleep in her arms, "Go to sleep honey, we'll be here when you wake up." Kitty looked up in fear, what if they weren't here when she woke up? "I promise," Morgan promised the terrified girl, that seemed to be the reassuring she needed because she fell asleep. Morgan never broke her promises. 

Morgan looked towards her husband who was talking to Doctor Montgomery, "When can we bring her home?"

"Actually Miss. Gomez can go home once she wakes up. We just need to give you her medications, which will not be able to be refilled because by the time they are gone she will be feeling better. I can take you down to the pharmacy now and we can talk about how she needs to take her medication."

"Of course," Spencer said, "lead the way." As they walked out of the room he turned back to look at his wife and goddaughter. 'God what had happened to lead up to this point?' He asked himself before following the doctor out of the room.

Morgan looked at the social worker again, "Will we need to be in contact with you?"

Rowen looked up, "Yes," she reached into the folder she had resumed to reading and pulled out a card, "this is my card. If you could call me once a week for a couple of months."

"How long will we have to be calling?"

"If it is easier for your family I can have her case transferred over to the Quantico offices. So you have a worker that can come weekly and check on you guys."

"No that will not be needed, we can work over the phone. Is there anything we need to know about that?"

"We will be scheduling a time and day we can call weekly so that you don't miss it. If for some reason you will not be able to call at that time, please tell me beforehand. Or if that is not available please call as soon as you can. I will withhold from calling someone in Quantico offices for 24 hours before having someone come check on you guys. What day and time would work best for you?"

"Friday's at 3:30 is best for me, I don't work on Fridays and all the kids are home by then."

Rowen wrote this down in the folder and nodded, "Okay, one more thing it is not mandatory but will you be bringing her to a therapist?"

"For right now, no. If she chooses to go or my husband and I decide it is needed we will bring her to one."

"Okay that is everything I need, thank you. You guys can leave once your husband comes back. I was able to go to her house and bring her some clothes." Rowen handed over a bag that held clothes Kitty would need.

"Thank you," Morgan stood up with Rowen, and shook her hand, "we will be in contact with you."

Rowen walked out of the room as Spencer returned with a small paper bag, which held the pills Kitty would need. Spencer sat down across from Morgan on the other side of the hospital bed. He took Kitty's hand in his mimicking Morgan.

"We can take her home as soon as she wakes up. The social worker, Rowen, brought a bag of clothes for Kitty." Morgan told her husband who was staring at her.

"That's good, Doctor Montgomery told me what we have to do for her. We can stop by their house, and let Kitty decide what she wants to take. Then Mr. and Mrs. Oxsfeild can do the rest." Spencer explained what the plan would be. Mr. and Mrs. Oxsfeild were Sara's parents they lived a couple of miles away on the outskirts of West Chester. Mr. and Mrs. Oxsfeild loved their granddaughter but could not take her as they were too old and wouldn't be able to care for her the way she needed to be cared for. 

The two sat in silence for a while just thinking about their memories with their two closest friends. They sat there for an hour before Kitty started to stir, they looked up to her.

Kitty slowly opened her eyes and looked to her left where Morgan sat, "Aunt Morgan?"

"Hey honey, I'm here. We can get you out of here in a minute." 

Kitty nodded and looked towards her right where Spencer sat, "Uncle Spencer." And this was when Kitty broke down in tears.

Spencer sat up and hugged his best friend's daughter. Morgan sat and watched as silent tears slipped out of Spencer's eyes. They both calmed down after a couple of minutes and Morgan brought Kitty's attention back to her. "Honey you need to get dressed and then we can go to your house. You need to decide what you want to keep and what your grandparents can give away or keep for themselves." 

Kitty nodded and with the help of her aunt sat up and got off the bed to go get dressed in the bathroom. 

Spencer looked towards his wife, "I have to call work, I need to ask for time off." 

At Morgans nod he walked out of the room as Kitty came out from the bathroom. Morgan grabbed her and wrapped an arm around her shoulder as they walked out of the hospital room.

 Morgan grabbed her and wrapped an arm around her shoulder as they walked out of the hospital room

AN:/ I'm gonna end it there. I just realized I made a goof, so pretend that there was another guest room in their house. I'm gonna go find Kitty a room. Anyways sorry for the wait I hope this chapter was okay. No team this time I wanted to get all of this done first. School starts back up again tomorrow (gag) but I will be trying to do chapters faster again. BTW HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL! 

Song: See You Again by Wiz Khalifa ft Charlie Puth (changed it up a bit)

Date Updated: Mon, Jan 7, 2019

Date Edited: N/A