Chapter 3

There haven’t been many times in my life where I was actually afraid. When I let myself into my apartment, I knew something was wrong.

I opened my closet and pulled out the 9mm I had hidden. I quietly cocked it. The click felt too loud.

When I turned the corner to my living room, there was a man looking out my window.

I did have a nice view. I was lucky and got the side of the apartment building that wasn’t face to face with a factory building made of brick. That’s all some residents could see when they opened their windows.

"Freeze." I ordered, my gun aimed right at his back. The man slowly turned and looked at me, his eyes narrowed on me when we made eye contact.

"You don't want to be pointing that at me." His voice was deeper than I’ve ever heard and his bright blue eyes seemed to be almost glowing.

"What are you doing in here?" I asked as I pointed my gun at him. "You’re the cop that was attacked by a dog"

It wasn't a question, but I felt compelled to answer anyway. "And if I am?"

"You're coming with me."

I felt like I should listen to him. But then my brain kicked in. This guy was breaking and entering and now he was trying to kidnap me. 

I shook my head, "I'm not going anywhere with you."

He sighed tiredly, "I don't have time for this." he muttered to himself.

"Drop your gun."

My hands immediately went slack and the gun dropped out of my hands. It was like I had no control over myself.

I narrowed my eyes on his, "How did you do that?"

"There are things that you need to be aware of now."

I glanced down at my gun. It was easily reachable. "Like what?"

"We can't talk about it here. We'll talk about it when we're at my home."

"I'm not going to go anywhere with you."

"You keep saying that, but it'll be easier if you just cooperate."

"You're the one who broke into my home. You're threatening to kidnap me. You haven't even told me your name or why you want to take me to your home."

"My name is Grayson Meyers. I'm taking you away from here because it's not safe for you to be here."

"Because of all the B&E's?" I asked sarcastically.

He shook his head, watching my every twitch. He was waiting for me to go for my gun. I needed it for protection against him. He outweighed me by at least 150lbs.

"No, it's not safe for all these humans to be around you." he said it simply.

Who would refer to my neighbors as humans?

"I'm a cop. There’s no safer neighbor than me."

He sighed, "Not anymore."

"As far as I know, I'm still a cop." how dare this man come into my house and order me around. Tell me that I'm not a cop anymore. To tell me that I'm a dangerous neighbor. I felt rage flow through me. This guy didn't know anything about me. Who was he to tell me what to do?

White hot pain flashed through my body as I crashed to the floor, then I blacked out.

Mason POV

I really didn't want to be here anymore. We'd cleaned up that rouge's mess; it was time to go home.

But no.