Chapter 21

Casey and Amanda were the only ones I dared to tell I was going on a date. They were behind me 100%. They even tried to give me advice on acting more like a human than a werewolf.

I listened, even though I was the one who had been human only months ago. But they wanted to give me advice, so I took the opportunity to have some bonding time with the only two females in my pack.

Obviously I couldn’t have told them what had happened with Mason. He regretted what had happened between us anyway. If I told Casey and Amanda what had happened, it wouldn’t have made any difference in the long run.

I met my date, RJ, at the restaurant. Obviously I couldn’t have let him pick me up at the house. If I planned to make dating a regular thing, I’d have to move out so I wouldn’t expose the pack.

I was nervous. I hadn't been on a date in such a long time. I knew I was going to make a fool out of myself.  I should have called him and cancelled.

When I walked into the restaurant I was happily surprised. He was waiting there, dressed up nicely and was holding with a single white rose.

I couldn't help but smile when I saw him. I was so sure that he'd stand me up and I'd look like a fool just standing there.

"Hi." I cringed. Couldn't have I come up with anything else? Something that would have made a better impression.

He was beaming. It was so obvious that he was happy. "I'm glad you showed. I wasn't too confident that you would."

I blushed and looked away. "I almost chickened out." I confessed.

"Well I'm glad you didn't." He offered me the flower. "I know it's a little cheesy, but I got a white one instead of red so I wouldn't be as cliché."

I nodded and took the rose. "Thanks."

He held his hand out for me next. "Our table's ready."

I hesitantly took his hand.

He led us to a table in the center of the room. He walked tall with a lot of confidence.

It made me a lot more comfortable with the date because he was so relaxed. I didn’t feel any regret that I had showed up, or even that I took him up on his offer of a date.

The food kept coming without the waiter coming by very often. The only time he came by was when he took our drink orders. Apparently RJ had planned everything out for this date. The food was great; he knew what I liked since we had talked so long at the diner before.

That showed me that he cared enough to actually listen to me. There was no way Mason would have listened to me like RJ had. Mason would probably brood during a whole date, where RJ was happy and kept the conversation going.

After we ate, we went out to a few bars. I drank way more than I had ever planned on drinking. It was way more than a normal woman would’ve been able to drink and still be able to walk.