Chapter 21

In a sacred ground like marriage,
you find yourself out of it at certain times
for reasons unknown
that can be destructive.
There could be a demon
that kind of comes out and overtakes you.

 There could be a demon that kind of comes out and overtakes you

Serenity's POV

It's 4:30 A.M and I was downstairs at the window looking at the stars. I can't go to sleep. It's too hard when so much has happened in so little time.

This past week or two has not been a good experience. I've gone through so much pain, trauma... regret. I don't even know what to do anymore. I feel as if every step I take is just leading me down a deeper hole. My parents are dead. That's something that hasn't dared to leave my mind. I didn't favor them much but the regret is still there. The remorse. The guilt.

My old Alpha wants to kill me. That's something I never thought would happen.

I heard footsteps come down the stairs and they made their way over to me. I didn't turn back, already knowing who it was. He sat on the seat next to me. We stayed silent for a while. I turned my head to him. The one person in my life who can make all of my problems disappear. He was staring at me sadly as if he was reading my mind.

" I'm sorry " I whispered as tears came to my eyes. He does anything and everything for me. I don't deserve him. He moved a piece of hair out of my face.

" About what kitten? " He said and the tears fell out of my eyes.

I looked down " About everything. I-I'm just so s-sorry " I said as my voice started to break. He pulled me into his lap and cooed softly in my ear. I listened to the sound of his heartbeat as I started to sob.

" I'm sorry. You're too good to me. I don't deserve you " I said and I felt a sharp slap on my bottom. I whimpered softly and he grabbed my chin in his hand.

" Don't you ever say that again. Do you hear me? " I nodded my head and snuggled back into him.

" I don't want to hear you say things like that. I don't need my kitten to belittle herself. " He said as he kissed my head. We stayed silent again and as the minutes went by I could feel myself slipping into a deep slumber.

**********

3 hours later

I woke up in a panic and looked around hastily. I realized I was back in the room, all by myself. I stood up and walked to the bathroom. It was still a little misty which means Alexander had just showered. I took a quick one and got dressed.

 I took a quick one and got dressed