Chapter 23

Follow me on IG: iiLoveydoveii

Third person POV

After a few days things in the house started to get better slowly. Serenity was more relaxed and out of her depressional state, Alexander was no longer as worried, Ava and Nate seemed to be working out well and Ryland is now comfortable in the house (with mostly Piper). 

It was a normal day and Alexander and the guys had found a small lead to where Alpha Briggs could be. They were going to leave in a few day since the rogue issue in the Arctic Pack was finally diminishing. Alexander walked with Liam, Jaxon and Alpha Lennox trailing behind him. They were going to go see Jaxon's father in the forest since he was good at tracking. They walked towards the kitchen to see Nate sitting at the counter while he watch Ava create spells and storms. 

" Nate you're babysitting today " Alexander said without looking up from his phone. Nate's head turned so quickly it almost gave him whiplash. The color drained from his eyes and he gulped standing up.

" No no no. I can't do that " He said and they all started walking to the living room. 

" It's not that big of a deal " Jaxon snickered. Nate looked into the living room to see Serenity and Charlie watch TV and Piper and Ryland playing with Desmond, Isaac and his brother Ace.

Nate looked back to Alexander " You want me to babysit two 16 year olds, two 3 years olds, a talking bunny, an enchantress and two full grown wolves!?! " The guys looked at each other for a second then responded in unison

" Yes " Then out of nowhere they heard thunder coming from the kitchen. 

" I'm okay!! " Ava shouted and Liam chuckled. They waved good-bye to Nate as he stood flabbergasted. Alpha Lennox gave him a pat on the back and said " Good luck " before leaving the house shutting the door. 

Nate puffed and clapped his hand behind his back.

" You're ok Nate. Just remember the basics of babysitting. " He said to himself as he walked back into the living room. He watched as they sat silently in their own little worlds. A small tug on his leg made him look down. It was Piper, Desmond and Ryland.

" Can we get some po-sicles? " Ryland asked as Piper reached into her pocket pulling out some gold fish stuffing her face. Nate didn't even question it as he nodded his head. They walked into the kitchen to see Ava sitting on the counter drinking soda. He handed the two children popsicles and they thanked him while running away. He walked over to Ava and put his hands against the counter. He leaned over her and she bit her lip self consciously.

" I forgot to tell you how pretty you look today, princess. " Ava wrapped her arms around his neck as she giggled.

" Thank you "