16

A day and a half later, I finally stood in front of running water with Nadia. I looked around at all of the nature, a small blue bird dove to the ground where it began digging for worms. A humming bird flitted quickly from flower to flower. A few robins burst from the trees in excitement, their tunes playing out to each other and to all of nature.

     I was so jealous of these creatures and I couldn't even explain it. I didn't have the words that would properly fit how much envy, how much scorn I held for these small, seemingly careless creatures. They were unaware of the unfathomable jealousy that lived within me.

     I loved these creatures, no matter how much I envied them, I couldn't bring myself to say I hated them. I wanted to be them, so beautiful, so graceful, and most importantly, so free.  I wasn't beautiful, I was probably a disgusting mess and given the circumstances that was okay; normal even. I can't be graceful, even if my life depended on it. As for freedom, sure I had no real laws to abide to, but lately it felt like everything I do is being run by someone else.

     Mother Nature brought me back to earth when an already broken branch fell from a tree into the shallow water. The splash was so near it splashed my boots, Nadia got the bulk of the splash. Her pant leg was spattered with water in sections up to her knee.

     "That reminds me, we have to cross," she smiled and a small dimple made it's debut on her face, "Then we only have to walk some more and we're there."

     She took a slow step into the water, not caring about her shoes staying dry. She had her eyes glued to the shallow water, watching for any hazards. As she stepped on to thr mud on the other side, I finally stepped in.

     The water surrounded my boot as though I were an intruder. I felt as the water fought to seep thtough, easily succeeding in it's unforgiving assault. I took a few more tentative steps before I set foot onto muddy ground. Nadia watched me carefully as I pulled my self from the mud to step into dried dirt.

     She then turned and began trekking through the tall grass that barricaded me from Mother Natures home.

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+

     Nadia was easily welcomed, I didn't have such an easy time entering the thriving hotel. I was questioned heavily before I was allowed to even enter the building, but soon enough I was ushered into a room by Nadia.

     In the room sat two beds, and one lone table. Nadia threw herself onto the bed, and stared at the ceiling, "I miss the running water. And the food."

     "They have running water here?"

     "Well, yeah," she sat up to look at me, "I'm gonna go find out when our time for that is."

     She got off the bed and moved towards the door before she turned around to glare at me with her finger pointed at the bed, "If you're not sitting on that bed when I get back, we're gonna have an issue."

     I rolled my eyes before mockingly bowing and sitting down on the bed. I crossed my legs, leaned back slightly and threw a wink in Nadia's direction.

     "Don't tell Ivris how oddly attractive that whole scene was, she'll start whining about how she missed it," Nadia turned and shut the door before I could contemplate her words.

     I threw my arms in the air and let my body fall back onto the bed with my eyes closed. I wasn't laying there for long until the door opened. Assuming it was Nadia, I didn't care enough to open my eyes.

     "You're back quickly, Nadia. Miss me already?"

     "How'd you know?" A voice that clearly didn't belong to Nadia spoke from the foot of the bed.

     "Who are you?" I sat up quickly to meet a chest, the persons hand pushed me back down on the bed.

     "Names don't matter all that much when you think about it."

     "Thar doesn't tell me who you are," I attempted to sit up again.

     He leaned down, grabbed my chin and moved his face to my neck, "I just said that names don't matter all that much, did I not?"

     The thought to push this stranger away hadn't crossed my mind although it probably should have.

     "Answer," he demanded, pulling away from ne ever so slightly.

     "What's your name?"

     "You're a little rebel, aren't you?"

     "You're a little demanding aren't you? Also controlling and stupidly throwing yourself at the wrong girl on the mere whim that she'll drop to her knees for you?"

     He took a small step back, "You don't like being controlled? That's a first."

     "Why on earth would I like being controlled?"

     "Alot of girls do, I just assumed you d-."

     I rolled my eyes at this stupid boy, "There's your mistake. Don't start off with assumptions. Also the fact that you came in here with such confidence that you'd just say a few things and I'd instantly fall in love with you."

     "Are you a lesbian?" He asked, suddenly, a look of confusion unfolding it's self from his face as he asked this innocent question.

     "So anyone who's not into screwing strangers is gay, now?"

     "That's not what I meant.."

     "What else could you mean?"

     "Is the Nadia girl you mentioned your girlfriend?"

     "I'm not a lesbian. Who gave you the right to talk to people like this?"

     "Are you sure you're not? You seem so.. So masculine."

     "Shut up about it!" I rose my voice, effectively silencing the boy, "once again, you gave you the right to talk to people like this?"

     "My brother."