22

Within a week, Ivris and I had to go back to the Westerners. My week with my dad went by quickly and I savored every second of it. He tried to convince me to go and join the Easterners which I declined quickly. The Westerners was my home, I couldn't just abandon it.

     When we were a goof distance away from anyone, I stopped walking.

     "What's the matter?" Concern instantly filled Ivris but it was soon washed away when I threw my arms around her.

     "I couldn't thank you enough. I don't know how I can repay you."

     "Koni, there's no need to repay me. I did this because I care about yo-"

     "I know how I can repay you," I cut her off and pressed my lips lightly on her forehead.

     "Koni.." Her voice was soft but serious as she said her nickname for me.

     "What?" I was terrified that she didn't like me in that way.

     My fear was shortlived as a smile spread across her lips and she let out a small laugh, "You missed," with this she tilted her head up.

     It was happening. Something I was oblivious to for our first few months of friendship but rung through so clear now. I didn't want anyone but her right now. Maybe later in life, I would want someone else, but as of right now, it was only her. Just for this moment as her lips moved with mine.

     When she pulled away, I found that I still wanted her and her only. Whether I'll always think this, I don't have a clue.

     But right now, I'm just living in the moment.

     The purple beast responsible for the impending destruction of Earth could wait. Right now I was living in the moment with Ivris.

     It's selfish, I know but I found that in a world of survival, no one really cares when you're selfish. There are other people who can care about the purple beast.

     The only thing I could focus on was Ivris pressing her lips to mine once again.

     Little did I know, the water was already rising and no one would ever see the purple beast for 8 centuries. No one would ever stop the water. But humans, ever so touchy about death, would find a way to survive living under miles of water.

The
End