20

"Prove it," I stated as I looked at the 'Angel of Death' I held captive under my arm.

     "Alright," Her sly smile continued on before her eyes began glowing a bright light, she pushed me away without even touching me. She stepped forward, the lights flickered around me as a set of wings spread out from behind her.

     They were large, impressive, and looming. They were tattered in places, missing the ruffled feathers on some of the edges. She flapped them, sending a wave of wind my way followed by a lone black feather.

      "I wasn't kidding," She spoke, folding her wings behind her though they were still in sight, "Can I do my job now?"

     "How couldn't I see your wings before?"

     "I didn't want you to. I'm a powerful angel," she spoke with boredom, "I could make you think you were in the Amazon forest right now, or choking to death in space. So much I could do to screw up your mind. Hiding my wings is a minor trick, extremely easy."

     She turned and made a show of spreading out her wings once more before they folded back and she headed down the hall towards Baden's office.

     I stood in amazement before moving down the hall to follow the angel. She turned and held a hand out, as if she was controlling me I stopped moving. Soon enough I put two and two together and realized that it was actually her that had stopped me from moving.

     She spun a finger and I turned around and started walking towards the other end of the hall. Once there I was forced to lean against the wall and was incapable of moving further, "Stay, child," She said from her place near the door to the office. She grinned and she was suddenly gone.

      The door opened and Bradley exited, stone faced and looking forced. The angel was doing to him as she did to me. He leaned against the wall opposite me and we simply looked at each other, equally unable to move even in the slightest. Unable to talk, move our eyes. We were only granted the right to breath.

     Some short moments later and we were freed to move, we both moved quickly to go to the office. Inside it was exactly as I had seen it last, everything was in order. On the floor lay a note.

     "It didn't look like this before, he's missing," Bradley spoke before picking up the note and reading it aloud, "I figured you wouldn't want this destroyed vessel, so I went ahead and cleaned it up for you. It's buried out back with the rest of your deceased. I made everyone think a few days has passed and the funeral was already held."

     He dropped the note to the ground before mumbling under his breath, "Bitch."

     He exited the room, leaving me alone in the clean, organized room. I turned to follow him as he headed for the stairs.

     "Bradley, talk to me," I said to him after I had caught up to him.

     "There's nothing to talk about. I need to focus on leading until I can figure something out. I do have one thing figured out though," he stopped and turned to me, "You need to get out. Go back to your mom, take Nadia with you."

     "Why?"

     "You're a distraction," he spoke calmly before shrugging me off and walking away.

     I walked back to my room where Nadia sat on her bed with her arms behind her head, "Hey, where've you been?"

     "I was.. I was helping Bradley with everything. He wants us to leave."

     "Why? We've done nothing but help. He hasn't realised why we're really here, has he?"

     "I'm not sure. Either way, our job is done. The leader's dead, I'm especially glad it was without violence," I told her and moved to pick up what little stuff I owned, "I assume you told Ivris about the whole thing."