Chapter 13

Miki's POV (11 years old)

"Eh...? Go... to father??"

A maid asked me to go outside my room. They never once asked or communicate with me until today.

They are too scared because of the color of my hair and eyes that they thought I might take their magic. After they are the one who spread the rumors.

I am very angry about them. Spreading nonsense and stuff.

I mean, what if someone famous goes to meet me? I will, of course, attract attention. Then some nobles will try to question me about this and that. It's tiring, you know.

But at the same time it's convenient. People are scared of me.

But still, it's better to be a nonexistent than to be feared at. It's very convenient.

"Father, why did you--"

"SURPRISE!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!"

.

.

.

Who's birthday is today? Did they make a mistake?

Wait... what day is it today? May 12? Yeah, it's my birthday.

I lock myself for 5 years in my room at this month. After all, nee-sama is the one who always knock my door.

Who would open for her? Only an idiot will.

She kept saying, "Let's play for a while, Miki~~" or "Miki~~ come out~ Let's have a tea~~" or something.

Since I never think, I didn't answer her. It's a habit. I always escape. Even in my birthday

The room is very decorated with many things. I'm glad it is not a nobles' party or something. Celebrating inside the house with your family is better.

They really know me well.

"Look! Look! Even her face is expressionless, you can clearly see she is shock!"

Shut up nee-sama. Stop squealing here and there saying I'm cute or whatsoever

"Happy birthday, Miki!! Finally, celebrating your birthday is my greatest wish"(Father)

Whatever...

"Happy birthday" Luke said annoyingly.  Why does he always said it annoyingly?

"Did we surprise you? To think my lazy and poker faced sister never knew her birthday, it's your fault after all.  You always lock up yourself and rarely left. Plus sending Jeanne, you will definitely escape"

Ani, stop being sarcastic. But about nee-sama, it's true.

"Hey! What are you saying?! Why are you even nodding, Luke?!! Not even you, Miki!!?"

Who wouldn't disagree? You're only flaw is your siscon and brocon.

"Anyway, did you like it? We really put our effort to celebrate your birthday"(Father)

They put effort to celebrate my birthday...? Why would they do something idiotic..?

"If your asking why, it's because it's your birthday and you're important to us. Of course, we'll have to celebrate it"(Luke)

As always being sarcastic. Maybe I should call him baka ni-san. (A/N: Baka means idiot in japanese and ni-san means older brother)

But I really can't comprehend it. Why should my birthday be celebrated. I guess it's because I'm always alone in my past life that no one celebrated my birthday. They'll just try to get my favor after all.

But to celebrate because I am important?

Not as a tool... but as a....

"Here's the cake that Luke bakes. It's very delicious. And also presents. So do you like it?.... eh?"

I don't know why but...

.

.

.

tears are flowing down from my eyes.

I can clearly see them dumb. They are all surprise to see me crying. I have this poker face after all.

"Looks like she likes it ^_^ "(Father)

"Eh? But she is crying! But she's cute"(Jeanne)

"Why are you even saying thing like that, Jeanne?"(Eric)

They are starting to argue again. But at least it's makes a good memory.

My tears still can't stop flowing down. I really want to stop this crying.

Luke heads toward to me and watches the others arguing. We're the same after all. We rarely speak. We're accomplices. 

"Are you happy?"

Why ask the stupid question? I look at him as if it's obvious.

I gave him a genuine smile that I have forgotten unlike those fake smiles I wear.

I really don't want to see him, seeing me crying. He must be enjoying it. Ah... I cannot hide my embarrassment. I really want to stop crying.

"What do you think, y-you idiot!" I said, trying to hide my embarrassment