Chapter Twelve

Carter's Point of View

He stood up from his bed, taking a few steps forward until he was practically towering over me. The door suddenly swung open, causing me to jump in fright. The nurses rushed in, immediately surrounding Harry and I.

"Back away from the girl," A male nurse demanded, stepping closer to Harry. He seemed to ignore the nurse, his black eyes staring in the direction of the wall behind me. I stood still, not daring to make a move.

"What are you planning to do if I don't?" Harry spoke up, his smirk beginning grow. The nurses stayed silent, scared out of their wits. "I think I need to teach you a thing or two." His head turned to where the nurses had been standing. "First things first," He started, walking towards them, nonchalantly. I stayed quiet, watching as fear crossed their faces. "I can feel your fear. You're burying your own grave at this point," He laughed.

"Sir, you need to-"

"I didn't say you could fucking talk!" Harry's voice grew. "Either be good for me and do as I say, or make the first move and see where it gets ya."

Everybody silenced themselves, having no clue how to handle this. I find it strange, the fact that they were trained for this and yet they stand here like the memory had suddenly vanished.

"Harry," I started, but I couldn't continue because my body had nearly flew into the air until I hit the stone wall. I slid down, my back stinging in pain as I let out a shaky breath. I tried to stand up, but I felt like something invisible was holding me down.

"No one's safe," He stated as he walked over to me. Kneeling down, his right hand cupped my left cheek while I stared into his black eyes. I was breathing heavily and I couldn't quite control the panic I was receiving. "Not even you, darling. But don't fear or else I'll mistaken you as one of them."

How was I not supposed to fear him? He looked way more intimidating than he was before. And as he stood up, I couldn't help but follow his every move. He pulled out a box of matches and my eyes grew wide.

"Here's fire. Play with it," Harry smirked, lighting up a match and tossing it at one of the nurses white uniform. Everyone screamed as they tried to kill the fire, but it was already burning the nurses skin. As I was finally able to move, I crawled towards the door, sobbing. I didn't want to see the damage he was causing. His loud laughter had started to ring in my ears as I continuously told myself not to fear him.

Just as I made it to the door, it slammed shut, not allowing me to escape. "Please," I whispered, slowly standing up and attempting to open the door. Like before, it wouldn't bare to open.

"I said no one was safe," He stated. "C'mere," He motioned for me to walk over to him. I hesitantly did so and as I reached him, he handed me a box of matches. "Light one up and throw it."

"No," I shook my head, afraid to look at him.

"Yes-"

"No, Harry!" I raised my voice, finally looking up at him. He told me not to fear him, and so I am trying not to. I felt a bit of relief wash through me as he snatched box out of my hand. The guilt brewed in my stomach, and I needed to get out of here. "Harry, what if someone finds us? We could get sent to prison," I stated quietly, watching as some nurses suddenly caught on fire. I looked down at the ground, tears still running down my cheeks; this feels so surreal.

"Nobody will lock you away," Harry reassured me in an angry tone. "Just run. Run and I'll follow," He so surprisingly demanded. I slowly nodded and backed away, pulling the door that finally opened. I took off as I ran down the hall. I turned corners, stumbling upon a spiral staircase. I took each step quickly before I made it to the bottom.

My eyes wandered over to the security desk, and there sat a guard. Harry's words rang in my head, which only encouraged me to run past the guards desk and push open the doors leading to the outside. I breathed in the fresh air, hearing the guard call for me. I continued to run down the sidewalk, having no clue as to where I was going. I looked back at the asylum to see the top of the building on fire.

I stopped and watched everybody run for their lives. I stood there, searching for Harry, but I couldn't find him. And as if my mind hadn't been working at the moment, I rushed back into the building. I climbed the steps and started shouting, Harry, through the empty halls. My mind started to repeat the words, get out, but my body seemed to be moving under an unearthly spell.

I followed the smoke, making it harder for me to breathe. As much as I wanted to get out, I couldn't. Something was in me that shouldn't be.

"Harry!" I called out once again as I walked into a room that lit up with fire. I stared at the burning flames, the heat smacking me in the face. What caught my attention was a figure standing in the middle of the fire. I watched as the flames suddenly blew out. The fire had somehow vanished.

"I told you to run," The voice growled.

"I-I-"

"You disobeyed my order." He turned around, his bloody face catching me off guard.

"Harry, I-"

"Save it, Carter," He snapped as he took a few strides before he stood in front of me. The blood was dripping from the top of his forehead and all I wanted to do was run; my legs were unfortunately not allowing me to move at all.

"All along, what did you really want from me?" I shouted at him, the fear building up my adrenaline as I once again, stared into his black eyes. "You told me I was your cure. That I could free you from the tunnel. We are out of the tunnel, but now look what you've become," I said in a whisper. I waited for his reaction, but as I stood there, fear started to fully take over me.

I jumped at the touch of his hand on mine. He roughly grabbed a hold of it, causing a burning sensation to run throughout my body. I cried in pain, attempting to pull my hand away from his burning hand.

"Look," He said, unclenching my fist to reveal a long scar.

"T-That wasn't there before," I stated.

"Yes it was. You just couldn't see it until now," He chuckled loudly.

"How did it get there?" I whispered, my eyebrows furrowing in confusion as I stared at it.

Once again, he let out a loud chuckle. "That rock; it was the devils way of marking you."

"What do you mean by marking me?"

"Just be lucky that I could get you out before he could do further things." He smirked.

"Well, where are we going to go now?" I looked up at him, curiously.

"The tunnel." He took my hand-but this time, it hadn't burned my skin-and dragged me out the door. Flames started to rise behind us, but Harry didn't seem to be in a hurry to get away from them.

"You said we had to leave the tunnel, and now we are going back?" I yelled at him, causing him to suddenly stop walking. I gasped as he turned and slammed me against the wall.

"How bout you shut your mouth and trust me. Can you do that, darling?" He whispered into my ear.

"H-How am I supposed to trust a demon?" I asked, letting out a few quiet and shaky breaths.

"When he's replaced the devils mark on your hand with his own, that's when you start to trust him, babe." He laughed so evilly.

___________________________
Authors Note -

Sorry for the wait. :/ heh. But thank you sooo much for all of the nice comments :) they really do make me smile ! Haha

Songs: Odyssey by The Wyld, and Bottom of The River by Delta Rae (seriously, listen to that song. It's amazing, haha)

I love you guys.

- Makayla, your best fraaaan ;)