Chapter Thirty Four

{@BookChic_ :hey, I know you hahaha}

Song: Everybody Wants To Rule The World by Lorde
and
The instrumental version of Radioactive by Imagine Dragons :)
_____________________________________

Carter's Point of View

The next day was the most eventful ever since we arrived at the house slash hotel-whatever it is, it's creepy. I wanted to stay a good distance away from the house before I had to go inside where my slumber awaited. So here I was, in the meadow gazing at the beautiful red roses and pretty white lilies. I still had my flower crown on top of my head, not wanting to take it off at all. I smiled to myself and continued down the small hill.

It was peaceful until a blood curdling scream completely tore away at the quietness. I looked all around in panicky fear, not knowing where exactly it was coming from.

"Harry!" I called out, the screams slowly getting louder. I got no response, so I decided to follow the scream, afraid it was where Harry was located. Last time I saw him, he was stupidly picking poisonous berries for fun-when I strictly told him not to. Of course he went and ignored me. I should have stayed by his side.

The screams had risen the closer I got to it. I made my way down the rocky path and into the forest. I soon stopped in my tracks, staring at the sight before my eyes. An elder lady leaned against a tree, blood covering her hands and knees. She spotted me and began limping towards my direction.

"Please!" She cried, holding her hands out to me. I slowly backed away, fear and confusion evident on my face. "My baby girl! My daughter!"

"A-Are you ok?" What a stupid question, of course she's not ok, Carter!

"You look like my baby girl!" She cried to me. I furrowed my eyebrows at the the elder lady.

"Harry," I called out once again, afraid to be alone with her.

"Oh my!" She smiled, placing her bloody hand on her chest. "You have grown so big, Mary."

Mary?

I shook my head. "I'm not your daughter, ma'm," I quietly responded. She frowned and glanced behind me before turning back to her original position.

"Don't be so denial, dear!" She gave a hearty laugh before reaching out to grab me. I took a big step back, calling out for Harry more than once. "Chester would like to see you now! He is waiting."

I continued to back away in pure confusion. How could she be grinning when just minutes ago she was screaming her poor lungs out.

"Carter!" A voice interrupted. I sighed in big relief before I turned to Harry and ran towards him.

"I don't know who she is, Harry. She claims I'm her daughter and that my name is Mary," I whispered to him. He glanced over my shoulder, his facial expression had a slight glare of annoyance. It wasn't long until he pulled me behind him.

"Mary!" The lady called, limping over to us. "Mary, dear, Chester needs to see you!" She begged, ignoring the fact that Harry was sending her invisible daggers.

"Who are you?" Harry sternly spoke and for the first time, the lady looked up at him. She gave another light laugh and ignored his question.

"Lets go, Mary!" She reached out for me, but Harry was quick to snatch her blood red hand.

"I asked, who the hell are you?" He hissed, his temper quickly rising. She looked afraid for almost a mere second.

"I'm Mary's mother."