Chapter Thirty Nine

What if I call my grandma cause she is my only friend and she gives me free food.

This chapter is about to get a bit Beauty and the Beast up in hereee

Please help my worthless self get to 10k on Instagram?
I post video edits sometime and I just recently uploaded a picture of me, myself, and I on Thanksgiving cause I was being a loser
(@/_Makayla_xx) I've got a while to go :o
_____________________________________

Carter's Point of View

He looked at me expectantly, waiting for a reply. Meanwhile, I stood like an idiot without knowing what to say at the moment.

". . . N-No," I finally spoke.

"So you are not a villager, yes?"

"Uh. . ."

"Prince Harry! The Queen wishes to speak to you!"

"You may head back to the palace, I will be right behind you," He sighed before turning to me. I could tell the look on the guards face was made a bit out of exhaustion, like he had been up all night chasing this boy. He hesitantly turned around and headed straight into the forest, not once looking back. "They hate me," He giggled. I sent him and smile as I continued to look about my surroundings.

"What exactly is this beach called?" I reluctantly asked.

"Ah, so you aren't a villager," He smirked. "It is not a beach. The beach is actually far beyond. Where we are located, it is called, Peeks Lagoon."

"Oh, ok," I laughed, nervously.

"You are quite different. . . Say, what is your name, miss?"

"It's Carter," I shyly responded.

"Carter," He smiled. "I like that."

"Thank you," I replied. After that, it became a bit awkwardly silent.

"I have to start walking back to the palace, Carter. Would you like to join me in an agonizingly long walk?"

"Uh. . . S-Sure?"

"Splendid!" He held out his arm and I quickly grabbed onto it. I followed him into the forest, immediately fixating my eyes on the beautiful village past the trees.

"Wow," I breathed out.

"Beautiful it is," He smiled wide. "I always loved roaming, I hate being locked up like I am some precious family antique."

I wondered why it had to be that way. Why he was locked up.

"There it is," He stated after we continued to walk past villagers, most bowing and waving to the Prince. I glanced up and I almost let my jaw drop at the sight.

"It's so beautiful," I whispered, not once looking away from the palace.

"I have gotten used to it," He responded, almost making me laugh out loud. "Guards," He nodded at the four guards guarding the front gate. They bowed and stood back straight. "Come on," He whispered, gesturing for me to continue walking even though our arms were still linked together. Once we had entered the palace, he was immediately bombarded with guards and an older lady, I, assuming it was the Queen.

I was about to bow until her sharp voice nearly scared me to death. "Harry! you are late. No Prince should ever be late!"

"I know, mother, my apologies," He replied, looking almost distraught, but I could tell it was a completely fake emotion.

"And who might this be?"

All the attention drastically turned towards me. I immediately bowed and whispered, "Your majesty".

"I found her at Peeks, mother, she was lost," He quickly answered. And that's when everything went haywire.

"I want her out of here, now-"

"You can't do that!" He shouted, earning a hard slap to the face. I stood there, utterly shocked. Two guards suddenly grabbed my arms and dragged me away, Harry yelling at the top of his lungs. They threw me past the gates and walked back inside. I hissed once my elbow scraped against the concrete.

I checked it, noticing the blood oozing out. I had no choice but to ignore it and stand up. Where would I go? I had no clue. So I set out on my little adventure, heading straight through the village.

It was getting darker and darker with every passing minute. By the time I had walked towards the forest, the moon was awakening. I roamed around the forest for a while until I stumbled upon an old ratty looking shed. I slowly crept towards it and reluctantly opened the door. I shielded my eyes, everything suddenly brightening.

I took a step inside, things changing so suddenly before my eyes. "Whoa," I whispered, staring down at the dim lit hallway. Everything looked fancy, like back in the palace. I was thoroughly convinced that I had somehow appeared back in the palace. I figured if I opened a door, I'd find out.

So I opened the door on the left and what I saw was not what I expected.

"Oh my. . ." I trailed on, watching the figure glance at me before scurrying behind the bed. "No, no! I-It's ok, I'm so sorry for intruding," I called out, hesitantly entering the room. What the heck are you doing, Carter? There's a hairy beast, you scared it away and now you are stepping closer to it. You really need to think things through. "W-Who are you, may I ask?"

A low growl was all I heard.

"I won't hurt you, I won't say anything," I reasoned, earning another growl. I kept quiet and walked around the room, trying to find anything that could give me a sign of who this. . . Hairy beast-?-was. A sudden name appeared to be written on a white envelope sitting on the dark dresser. To: Prince Harry. I quietly gasped, turning toward the bed.

"Harry?"

Silence.

"Please come out. I want to talk to you," I confessed. "Please! There is nothing you need to be hiding from."

A hairy foot slowly slipped from behind the bed, another following. I gave him a gentle smile as he slowly approached me.

"Wasn't so hard," I cheekily commented, earning hearty growl. "There is no need to hide yourself." With that, I took a big step and opened my arms, expecting a hug. He stood for a moment before wrapping his slender and quite hairy arms around my waist. I closed my eyes and allowed myself to hug him. "Surrender yourself to who you truly are, don't lock it all away."

And a sudden chill brought me out of my deep thoughts. I opened my eyes in curiosity, a loud gasp cutting through the silence.

"Carter," His hoarse voice whispered in my ear. I looked to my right and saw it. The tunnel, why were we standing in front it?

______________________________________
Author's Note -

I'm sorry if this stinks D:
BUT!
I have a book of Harry Imagines and I'd love it if you'd send in a few prompts!
Oh and:
A new book called Morose ! :) it's about a half kitten, half boyyyyy