CHAPTER SIX - DEJA VU

I felt better at the second I set foot on the loft's floor. I knew it would be easier for me to process everything that happened in a matter of a few hours if I was home. Of course, the doctors wanted to keep me at the hospital for a few more days, but I went against it, and left the building against medical advice.

"I'll make you some soup, go settle on the couch," Grams said, as she closed my home's door behind the two of us.

"Grams, come on. I'm fine, you can go home," I insisted, taking my jacket off, and throwing it on the a nearby chair. "You live two blocks away. If I'm not feeling good, I'll call you, I promise."

"I'm not going to leave you here by yourself while you just left the hospital, Hayley. I'm not irresponsible," she retorted, making her way to the kitchen. "Come on, sit here."

"You're being overprotective. We know what this is all about, and I'm fine now, Grams. Can't you see I'm alright?" I asked, but still, I sat at the kitchen bar.

"I can see it," she nodded her head slowly, as she kept her eyes on me. "But even though we know what this was all about, it was on another level. You never fell into a coma for five days because of your ability. It's something new, and we don't know what to expect next."

"I was exhausted when it happened. I had a rough week, that's probably why," I tried to reassure her, and me as well. "I probably just need rest, Grams. I'll be fine."

"I know you will," she faintly smiled at me, as she walked closer to where I was sitting. "I've never met someone as strong as you."

When she arrived in front of me, I stood up from my bar stool, and took my grand mother's hands in mine, "Then go home. This happened because I touched him, but now he's away. Everything is about to come back to normal."

Grams squeezed my hands, and sighed heavily before looking up at me again. She was worried, and I could tell that just by the way she was looking at me. Her mouth formed a stern line, while her eyes were filled with sadness.

"I hate that you have to go through this again. You've been through enough."

"Nothing has happened today. The visions are gone, don't worry," I reassured her once again.

It wasn't quite a lie, because the visions were actually gone, but I still had this gut wrenching feeling in me. The same I had when I took Michael Jackson's card in my hands.

"Are you sure you can stay by yourself?" she asked once again.

"Positive," I told her before taking her in my arms. "Thank you, Grams. For everything."

"I'll always be there for you, honey," she sincerely said, rubbing my back gently. "Always."

"I know," I smiled faintly, putting her at an arm's length. "I love you."

"I love you too, honey. Call me if anything happens, alright?" she asked, as I lead her to the front door.

"Will do. Bye Grams, be careful."

I closed the door behind my grand mother, and locked it directly afterward. I let out a heavy sigh, and leaned with my back against it with my eyes closed. With my grandmother here, I had to pull a facade which would let her know that I was alright, while, in reality, I was confused and I still needed to process what happened during the last few hours.

I went upstairs, and went in the bathroom, thinking a hot shower would help me think straight, and make the dizziness go away. I stripped from my clothes, and came into the shower stall. It's like all of my problems vanished away, washed by the water that was trickling down my naked body.