CHAPTER FIFTY FOUR - JACK

January 15th, 1992

January 15th, 1992

Dear Diary,

Looks like we both have a lot to catch up to do. I haven't taken the time to write in there for a while. I think it's always been like a sort of escapism for me, a safe place where I can say anything that's on my mind. But things are different now. I have Alice and Carl Grams, and mostly, I have Hayden who knows exactly what I am going through. They all know about who I am, and they helped me get rid of that loneliness that was eating me alive because I had to carry this secret all by myself.

And well, there's Michael. He took my sadness away and replaced it by joy and laughter. I could go on and on about him, about how perfect he is to me. Of course, he is flawed. Who isn't? But I'm learning to love his flaws, day after day.

I think I'm the happiest I've ever been, to be quite honest. This month will mark the first year anniversary of Michael and I's very first - and short - encounter at the hospital. Time flies, man. I remember this day oh so vividly, just like every moment spent with him. I am trying my best day after day to take care of him and make sure his future goes as smoothly as possible. Ever since Hayden and I found the garage I saw in my visions, I hope that I'll finally find the time to go there, but I'm too busy to even find the time for it.

January is such a busy month at the hospital. The ER is packed with sick kids with colds and flues. I spend most of my time there, sleeping in cold on-call rooms that I share with snoring people. But of course, Alice and Carl are always there to have my back and bring me some clothes and coffee whenever I need some. Ever since Carl proposed, Alice and him are extra loving with me for some reason, but I'm not complaining. I love them for that.

I put a final period to my sentence, and finally closed my journal before I took a sip of my coffee. I sighed happily, enjoying the feeling of the hot beverage gliding down my throat. I left my seat with my cup in my hands, and went to the record player to put some music on. I went though the different vinyls from my father's collection, and opted for Sign O' The Times by Prince. I put the volume up, and started bobbing my head to the beat of the eponymous song.