CHAPTER FIFTY SEVEN - DINNER TO REMEMBER

I punched the alarm clock blindly on the nightstand and turned on my side to go back to sleep, ignoring the fact that it indicated that it was five, and that we needed to wake up

the nightstand and turned on my side to go back to sleep, ignoring the fact that it indicated that it was five, and that we needed to wake up. I felt the mattress move underneath me, and soon, Michael's arm was around my waist as he buried his face in the crook of my neck. I snuggled closer to him, never opening my eyes, and enjoyed the feeling of his breath on the side of my neck. Neither of us wanted to move, at that point.

"Did you disappear in the middle of the night, or was it all a dream?" I asked in a sleepy voice.

"I actually did, I couldn't sleep. I had too many ideas concerning the dance breakdown, I needed to work on it," he explained, before he laid a kiss just under my ear. "I'm sorry I woke you up."

"Don't worry about that, I dozed off a second after I realized you were gone. I was exhausted," I told him with a weak chuckle, as I turned around to finally see his beautiful face. "Did you catch some sleep, though?"

"A couple of hours, three tops. But don't worry, I'm used to sleeping this little," he reassured before he pulled me in a hug. I intertwined my legs with his, and hugged his waist tightly. "You, on the other hand, you need to catch on some sleep, so you're staying in bed until you're well-rested. It's been a long few days for you."

"But, I thought we were going there together?" I asked him, and yawned heavily right after.

"You need to rest, Carl gave you a couple of days off because he knows you need a break. Waking up at five in the morning isn't how you rest," he told me, and he laid another kiss on top of my head as he held me tightly.

"You're right," I gave in, and I kissed his neck before I snuggled against him. "I could use a few more hours of sleep."

"Exactly," he smiled a bit and kissed my forehead. "Don't worry, I planned everything for you. I made sure to ask Bill to take you to the set whenever you're ready, and I'll make sure to let the security know that I have a guest coming."

"Sound great," I said in a low voice, before I yawned yet another time. "Think about eating something before you go," I reminded him, and closed my eyes again.

"I will," he giggled, and kissed my forehead another time. "Sleep tight, my love."

I fell asleep at the second I heard the bedroom's door close. I really wanted to go on set at the same time as Michael, but a part of my was glad that he made me stay in bed longer. With the lively events that occurred the day prior, I was emotionally drained, but also, I was physically exhausted from the past week I spent at work.

Carl was always understanding, and he also knew that I worked very hard, more than I should, actually. This is why he always made sure to replace me every now and there, so that I could have some time to rest, but also to spend time taking care of Michael and his future. This was one of the perks of having one of my best friends as my boss. He knew me personally, and he knew I had important things to take care of outside my job, even though it occupied a large part of my life.