02| for the love of storytime

THE BIRDSONG COMES AS JAZZ, softly floating and free; notes never are written as dancing steps are never taught. Each sound-bouquet comes as a sculpture, one that can only come from souls born to an infinite horizon, never tainted by the cruelty of a cage. Perhaps that's why Selena loved it so, for she knew joy when they sang it, she knew joy was possible in a world so cruel.

The sound of a childish squeal was heard around the forest as the young hybrid ran around the woods with her imprint, Jacob, chasing after her in his wolf form. Selena and her siblings let out a laugh as they sat on the tree log that laid right outside of the Cullen's house. The trio had arrived at the Cullen's house a few days ago, making themselves at home until the day where they were about to go into battle with the Volturi. Right now, everyone was making camp in a snowy area by the clearing where they would hopefully not have to fight the Volturi. Everyone was resting, refilling their energy for tomorrow.

Time passed by very quickly, the sun soon falling, allowing its sister to rise and shine her moonlight over the earth. Renesmee was cuddling in her tent with her mother, Isabella. Selena sat down on a log with her siblings on either side of her. The group was telling war stories as Jacob and Benjamin started the fire.

"Hey, Selena." The said Palmer glanced up to see the two Denali sisters looking at her. She nodded, motioning for them to go on.

"Do you have a power?" The brunette nodded, grinning. "What is it," Selena smirked and opened the palm of her hand, not even bothering to focus as it came naturally to her. Soon, blazing wisps of fire was formed, and everyone gasped in awe as it flickered around her hand, developing into the shapes Selena's mind willed it to form.

"That's so cool!" The youngest Palmer sibling smiled and closed the palm of her hand, extinguishing the fire. "How'd you get it?" Her whole body froze as Dylan and Emily tensed.

"I...uh...I got them when I was ten. I found out that my parents died so I had a breakdown and the fire in me just exploded out." She explained, vaguely. They nodded, but of course, there's always that one person who's nosy.

"Vhat happened to your parents?" Vladimir asked, and Selena rolled her eyes.

"They died in a car accident."

"Oh."

"You know, you three look a lot like my sister," Kate said, and Selena raised her brow but shrugged. The group continued telling stories, and soon it was getting late, so the trio went into their tents to get a good nights rest.