06 | for the love of dreams

"My love, we miss you."

"We need you."

"Come to us."

"We love you."

VOICES FILLED THE MIND OF THE YOUNGEST PALMER as she dreamt of seven people, all looking at her with love and adoration. But as she gazed at their faces, rage filled her body as she saw the familiar faces of those that belonged to the Volturi.

Selena bolted up from her sleeping position, eyes wide, heartbeat speeding up and sweat dripping down her forehead. The brunette had been having the same weird dream for months now. They had started since the battle with the Volturi and haven't stopped.

"I'm going crazy," Selena mumbled as she threw off the covers, walking into her bathroom and stripping off all her clothes. Turning on the shower, She stepped into the refreshing shower and welcomed the pebbles of cool water caressing her skin.

Water always made her feel peaceful. Using a cleansing technique taught by her aunt, she asked the water to dissolve all thoughts and emotions tied to her dream. She envisioned the water extinguishing the angry feelings and terminating them.

"Selena! Breakfast is ready!" Her brother's voice was heard as his fists pounded against the wooden door.

"Okay!" She called back, quickly washing herself. Once she was done, she wrapped a fluffy white towel around herself and stepping out of the shower.

"What to wear?" She mumbled as she looked through her closet. Selena knew she'd be going out with her sister to go shopping along with the Cullen's and her aunts.

Finally finding her outfit, the brunette slipped on a white tank top and skinny denim ripped jeans. She wrapped a red and black flannel around her waist and threw on a grey knitted cardigan before slipping on a pair of white socks.

 She wrapped a red and black flannel around her waist and threw on a grey knitted cardigan before slipping on a pair of white socks

Selena smiled at her reflection, loving her outfit. It was badass but straightforward. The brunette walked down the stairs, sliding into the kitchen. However, a foot suddenly flew out causing Selena to trip and land on her butt. The familiar laughter of her brother flew into her ears making her glare at him.

"Dylan!" After hitting her brother on the shoulder, Selena ate her plate full of food before leaving the house with her sister, Emily. They were going to go shopping with the others but thoughts against it and said it'd be sister day.

"Selena! Emily!" Tanya quickly called to her nieces, the two entering the house again.

"Yeah, Aunt T?" Emily asked they walked over to the blonde. The blonde vampire looked back at her sister who nodded.

"Listen, we need you two to be careful." The sisters furrowed their eyebrows. "The Volturi are trying to...uh.... woo you, Selena."

"Why?" The brunette asked her aunt, raising a brow. Tanya sighed, running a hand through her hair.

"They're your mates." Her eyes widened, heart speeding up as she stood in shock.

"W-what?" Tanya nodded, sighing again.

"I know. I can't believe it either. Just be careful." Emily nodded, her hand reaching for her baby sisters.

"I'll protect her." The blonde smiled at her nieces, kissing their foreheads before wishing them a fun and safe trip. Emily and Selena soon left the house, entering the car and driving to the mall they've been to thousands of times.