13 | for the love of dates

"SHIT! I'M GOING TO BE SO LATE!" Selena cursed in the car as she scrolled through her phone for a number, pressing a number before transferring the call to her car speakers, so she wouldn't have to focus on the phone and could instead focus on the road, making sure not to crash into anything or anyone.

"Hello?" Hearing the soothingly sweet voice of Jane, Selena felt a smile crawl on her face, planting itself on her lips.

"Hi, Jane." She heard the blonde vampire take an unneeded breath.

"Selena." Jane felt her heart flutter at the sound of her mate's voice. "Are you coming?" The blonde asked, hesitant. She really hoped the brunette was coming but somewhere inside, her negative thoughts crowded her mind, screaming that the date wasn't happening.

"Yes, I'm on my way." Jane felt herself sigh in relief, happiness coursing through her as her eyes lit up, the others in the room immediately knowing that their mate was coming. "I just need to know where."

"Oh, right!" Selena let out a giggle as she heard Jane fumble around from her side of the phone call before telling her the address of the restaurant they were at and to ask the lady at the reception that she's here for a reservation under their last name.

"Okay, thank you." Selena smiled warmly, a feeling of warmth running through her veins.

"Anything for you." Jane all but sighed into the phone, her eyes shining with love and her brother couldn't help but smile as well. This was his first time seeing his twin, who also happened to be his mate, happy because of someone other than himself.

Selena soon got to the restaurant in fifteen minutes, her locating skills perfect. She was good at finding stuff along with places, the brunette just needed to put her mind to it.

"Hi. I've got a reservation under the name Volturi." Selena smiled at the lovely receptionist, who had a warm smile on her ageing face.

"Of course. Right, this way." The lady directed her to the second floor, which was empty except for a large table that had eight chairs, four on each side. Candles lit the whole room and roses were placed around the floor. Selena felt tears of joy escape her eyes, the romantic gesture sending warmth to her heart.

"Selena." The said girl turned to look at her seven mates that stood behind her, warm smiles on their faces.

"Hi." She smiled, her eyes filled with love and happiness.