Chapter 30

When Grace got home from work, Scott had just pulled up onto the driveway and parked behind Hunter's parents truck. He climbed out of his car and was greeted by his wife.

"Have you apologised to him yet?" He questioned.

"No, but-"

"Then get out of my face, Grace." He turned and headed inside. He didn't have the time of day for her at that moment.

When he entered his home, he placed the meat he bought for the barbeque in the kitchen. He could hear voices and he knew Hunter's parents were here. All day, he has thought about Jacob and how good it is that he's in a relationship. It proves to him that he's starting to make a positive change in his life.

He was very proud of him.

The backdoor was open and everyone seemed to be enjoying the sunshine.

Margo and Anthony were talking to Sam when Scott made an appearance. Jacob and Hunter were leaning over the pond they had at the bottom of the garden. Hunter had also spotted the built in pool that they owned. Scott spent all summer building it.

"Um," Jacob said quietly. "Why do you not like water?"

Hunter watched the fish as they aimlessly swam around and poked things with their mouth.

"I just don't," He shrugged. However, deeper stories may rise to the surface when he's ready to talk about them. He was very good at blocking them out of their mind link.

Jacob could feel it and understood not to provoke his problems. He glanced up at Alisha who was already staring at him. William made her apologise and it was very awkward for him.

"She creeps me out," He whispered. Hunter watched her too but his expression was subtle and dark.

"She irritates me so much," He muttered. "I hate her." 

William could see her looking at Hunter in a funny way. He put an arm around her waist so she returned her attention to him.

"Why do you not like Hunter?" He questioned quietly.

She studied his hazel eyes with thought. She could really ruin his image, although, Anthony was here and he would definitely start the war between the two packs today for certain. She had orders from her Alpha to ruin Jacob, not Hunter.

And that is why she is pretending to be with William. She doesn't have feelings towards him, she definitely doesn't want to be in a relationship with him. It's over as soon as she's done messing with Jacob.

"Do you need any help with the barbeque Scott?" Anthony asked after Sam had introduced himself and talked about his life story in under two minutes. Scott barely took a word in, he spoke rather quickly with an excited bounce to his actions.

"Sure, thank you." Scott beamed but glanced over to his son who was watching Hunter intensely as he spoke. Usually, he found it difficult to keep that essential eye contact. With Hunter, it was obviously different and he was a lot more comfortable around him. "Son? Could you head into the kitchen and grab some ice for the drinks please?"

Jacob nodded and stood up. Hunter flashed him a smile, just as Sam walked over.

When He was gone, Hunter glared at his pack member.

"Wipe that grin off your face," He muttered.

"What did I-" Sam quickly stopped. "Yes, Alpha."

"Don't be so mean to him." Jacob's voice was vibrant in his mind. Hunter softened his gaze and also rolled his eyes.

"Sorry," He mumbled to Sam. "I'm just really annoyed about Alisha."