Chapter 73

Scott, William, Margo and Anthony received a huge shock when a very loud bang echoed through the room. Looking up, the light was swinging from whatever hit the floor. Without saying a word, they climbed to their feet and aimed for the stairs. The only person who could have appeared upstairs was Jacob. Or one of the painters had fallen.

Nathan went home to give Vic a very stern lecture about his views.

When they reached the second floor, Hunter's room was the first door on the right. Everyone ran towards it and their worry grew with what they saw.

Hunter was unconscious, Sam had blood trailing down the side of his head and they were soaking wet. Sam couldn't bring himself to stand up, he was breathing heavy and trying to pull his head into a better place. Seconds ago, he thought he was going to drown, a miracle saved him and Hunter. Sam could not believe that anyone would want to kill two beautifully soulful people.

"Hunter!" Margo breathed, alarmed by the blood and bruises forming on his face. She ran to his aid, just like Anthony. William and Scott ran to Jacob, crouching to see if he was alright.

"What happened?" Anthony asked, desperation lingering in his tone.

"His Omega's," Margo was trying not to cry while her gift worked its magic. "They are traitors. They tried to kill him!"

"What!"

"Why?" Scott breathed and rested a hand on Sam's shoulder, checking if he was okay.

"They don't like the Gods," Jacob furrowed his eyebrows. "They pushed him off a cliff and into the sea. He and Sam nearly drowned, I only just made it to them in time. Please, he needs a doctor."

Anthony fumbled in his pocket and quickly pulled out his phone. He knows some wolves who are doctors and will drop everything to aid Hunter. By the sounds of it, taking him outside is too dangerous.

Margo rested her hands on his head and gently stroked his cold cheek.

"I think he'll be okay. Nothing too severe has happened to his head but we need to change his clothes," She looked up, expecting everyone but Jacob and Anthony to leave.

"We'll wait downstairs for the doctor," Scott replied. "William, help Sam to his feet."

William moved over, not caring if Sam was soaking wet as he lifted his cold arm and put it around his own shoulders. Sam would be ecstatic if it wasn't for his own injury, interfering with his feelings.

Admitting how he felt to Hunter was because he really thought they would drown. Now that he had shared it with someone made him realise that it wasn't so bad to be heard.

When they were on their way out of the room, Anthony put his phone down after having a very short, yet serious conversation. A doctor was on their way.

"What are his injuries?" Anthony asked.

"I can't quite tell for sure," Margo's horrified eyes stared at the deep purple bruises forming on his ribs. "His nose is broken and his jaw is a little beaten. He has about six or... maybe eight broken ribs. Um," She was overwhelmed at seeing him so emotionless and hurt. "He has dislocated his shoulder too."

Jacob sighed, feeling very sorry for him.

"He's freezing."

Anthony ran a hand through his hair.

"He doesn't even have clothes or a duvet we could wrap him in. Everything he owns was burnt in the fire."

Jacob quickly stood up with a twinkle of hope in his eyes.

Lunar Whispersजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें