Chapter 77

"Are you sure you want to kill them?" Jacob asked during breakfast. It was now the day after the city meeting and Hunter was determined to find the Omega wolves. He still hurt and felt exhausted from the lack of sleep. However, so far, nobody was able to convince him to wait another day.

"They tried to kill me, what's to say that they won't do it again?"

"Well, if they're in prison they won't."

Hunter stared hard at his mate, trying not to glare. His groggy side was approaching the surface, the medication and pain were not mixing well with his mood.

"They threw me off the side of a cliff after throwing a big rock at my head, then expected me to drown because they knew I couldn't swim. I'm not letting them get away with that."

"And you won't, but-"

"Will you just stop questioning me," Hunter snapped and clenched his jaw. "Just because you're a God doesn't mean that you know what's best for me."

Jacob chewed the inside of his lip and stared down at his fidgeting hands.

"I'm your mate, not just some random guy," He mumbled quietly.

Hunter sighed, wanting to kick himself. He hated it when Jacob looked glum, especially when it was his fault.

"I'm a terrible person. Sorry, I shouldn't be taking this out on you." He knew Jacob couldn't really handle the tension, he hated confrontation.

"Just... do what you feel is right." He stood up and started walking out of the kitchen.

"Wait, Jacob, I'm sorry."

The God didn't reply and continued until he was out of view. Hunter sighed once more before catching his mother's gaze.

"When will you learn that he can't handle your moods?"

"Don't start mum," He groaned, knowing that he messed up.

Margo didn't want to add to the tension.

"You're not in the right frame of mind today, I think-"

"I don't care what you think, I would be dead right now because those traitors stabbed me in the back."

"Quite the attitude," She spoke sternly. "I know you're going through a rough time but not everyone needs to deal with your anger, including your mate."

"I said I was sorry-"

"That's not good enough, you should never snap at him."

Hunter rolled his eyes and Anthony almost popped a vein.

"Show your parents some respect. You need to calm down, you're not ready to be dealing with-"

"And you know what I'm going through, do you?" Hunter interrupted him and Anthony had to bite his tongue if he didn't want this to turn into a screaming battle. "You've had the same pack all your life. They're so loyal and would do anything for you, even if it risked their own lives. They have stood by your side no matter what. How do you think you would feel if they suddenly turned on you for no reason? How would you feel if they tried to kill you with no warning? Also, a huge group of wolves came over here to kill me. How do you think that makes me feel? Well, you know what, it makes me feel so low about myself, knowing that I'm hated for simply loving someone. People want me dead and I've done nothing wrong. So no, I won't calm down!"

Hunter got up from his seat and stormed out of the room, leaving his parents to feel like their hearts had deflated. Their son is clearly not in a great place.