Blink

Tuesday
3:40pm
Public Pool

Josh wanted to dye his hair, Josh also wanted Tyler to come up from under the water.
Tyler wanted to kiss Josh, Tyler also wanted to come up. Yet another part of him wanted to stay in the waters arms.

"Is feels nice under here, right?"

Tyler could taste the water, he was drinking it.

"TOOO MUCH WATER!"

   The sounds of children splashing and cheering turned into small little hums, it was so pleasant. Tyler felt warm. He let his arms float up, he also let the water emerge itself inside him.

        Tyler's body began to lift, he felt himself being taken away from his comfort zone. And he hated it. Tyler gasped for air, coughing a bit. The rest of the pool ignore the situation completely, children continue splashing and cheering. But Josh didn't . He pulled Tyler up.

          Tyler's eyes were red and his entire body was cold. Josh still was holding on to Tyler's hands. He looked petrified.

        "Are you okay?!" Josh shouted, the panic in his voice scared Tyler.

           Tyler nodded, having no idea what to say.

         "I thought you were going to drown!" Josh shouted, his throat began to ache. He couldn't hold it back. The tears. He was so spooked by it all.

            "Umm I'm sorry." Tyler mumbled. Looking back at this punk kid with so much fear. Both him and Tyler were horrified and confused. The two boys emerged from the pool, Tyler began to ring out the water from his shirt, while josh watched.

           "What's wrong?" Josh asked, his voice was low.

             "Nothing, I just um don't know how to swim." Tyler replied not looking at him.

             "Then why did you come to a pool event?" Josh asked with a weak laugh.

        Tyler froze, he let out a small cough. His chest felt weird.

           "Um, do you mind if I go get a towel real quick." Tyler asked nervously.

           Josh nodded sitting back the pool chair Tyler sat on originally. Tyler walked over to his mom, she gossip with her friends holding on to beach towels. Tyler quickly reached for one and walked away. Once he wrapped himself, he looked over at Josh. The look on his face hurt his heart.

          Tyler wanted to get a tattoo, he also wanted to go home. Josh wanted to teach Tyler how to play the trumpet, he also wanted to play the drums at the music store.

           "Josh?" Tyler said, approaching the punk kid who sat alone on the pool chair.

           Before Tyler could say anything Josh spoke.

         "Can you really not swim, um because I didn't mean for it to come out like I didn't believe you."

"I'm not really good at it." Tyler lied barely making eye contact.

Josh blinked a few times, looking completely dumbfounded.

"Then why did you jump in the deep end?" Josh asked sitting up a bit.

"I don't know, uh I just wanted you to think I was cool.." Tyler choked out, fidgeting around. He began to feel hot around his face, he hated the way Josh's stare made him feel.

Josh scoffed, he stood up and looked Tyler up and down briefly.

"Well you're not cool." He said coldly.

Tyler froze, he felt numb. His stomach felt as if it caved in. Those words shook his rib cage, he could feel his feelings literal pain.

"You're intense." Josh joked, as he jogged to the other side of the pool where Ashely sat. And began to put his shirt back on.

"Ha."