018

Finally, after sitting in the backseat impatiently, we arrived at the train station.

Sheriff parked the police car in the busy parking lot, before turning around in the drivers seat and unlocking our handcuffs.

I slid the metal chains off my wrists before opening the unlocked door. I stepped out of the vehicle, along with Jack and the sheriff.

"Alright, let's find Junior." Chief said, clicking a button on his keychain to lock the car behind us.

The three of us walked into the small building, and up to the lady behind the front desk who was hidden behind a wall of glass.

"Morning Sheriff." She greeted, putting the newspaper she had been reading, down.

"Morning, when's the next train coming in?" He asked.

"Two hours. One just arrived a couple minutes ago." She explained to the sheriff.

"He should be here." I whispered to Jack.

Then, I heard a familiar voice from behind. "Rose?"

I turned on my heel, to see Junior. The familiar face belonging to the familiar voice.

He ran up to me, hugging my tightly and lifting me off of my feet due to his height.

He then set me down on the floor, and smiled. "I'm so happy you're here! I was worried this wasn't going to work..."

"Well it worked. Thanks to your friend Cheif." I looked over at the sheriff with a smile. "Thanks again."

"I just hope I don't get fired because of this." He said, shaking his head. "It's nice to see you again, Joe." Cheif said, pulling Junior into a quick embrace. "Well, I wish you all luck. If you ever need anything Joe, you know the number."

Sheriff then tilted his hat as a goodbye, and Junior nodded his head back, before looking over at me.

"What's the plan?" Asked Jack.

"We can take a train to the farthest stop, then go on from there." Junior suggested. Jack and I nodded in agreement.

"Sounds fine." I agreed, before we walked back up to the lady behind the desk.

"Three tickets to the last stop, please." Junior said with a smile.

She shook her head. "I'll give you one. No tickets for those two." She pointed at Jack and I.

Junior lowered his eyebrows in confusion. "Excuse me?"

"You think I don't know who they are? I've seen them all over the news." She leaned her elbow on her desk. "I ain't stupid, kid."

"Are you gonna call the police or something?" Jack asked in frustration.

"Or something." She answered. "If I called the police, son, the sheriff would just bring you back here. I don't know how you've got him convinced, but you do."

"So what are you going to do?" Said Joe suspiciously.

"Let's just say, they're on their way." She said with a grin, before grabbing her news paper and sitting back down on her stool.

My heart lurched into my throat in fear as my eyes darted between Jack and Junior.

"W-what are we going to do?" I asked in panic.

"We leave." Junior whispered, walking towards to door as he expected Jack and I to follow. Which is what we did.

We walked across the parking lot, when the sound of many vehicles began to approach us.