14 | Revelation

T A Y L O R 'S   P.O.V

Saturday, February 9th, 2014  

"Taylor, wake up, or I'm going to throw your breakfast away!" I heard Ana shout from the kitchen. I groaned loudly.

My eyes fluttered open. Clutching my throbbing head, I rose from my bed slowly, rubbing my temple with my palm in a vain attempt to ease the pain. My mouth was as dry as stale bread.

"I'm coming! Gimme a sec!"

I stumbled out of bed, shuffling towards the kitchen like a zombie. I rubbed my eyes as I walked in, the harsh white morning light reflecting from our white furniture. Slipping on my glasses, I noticed that Ana had cooked a delicious looking breakfast - perfectly scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, golden toast and a huge cup of hot chocolate. There were two plates, one for her and one for me. She was sitting down, a chunk of bacon in her mouth.

I know Ana. She always does something unusual or extraordinary when she either wants something from me, wants to know something or to coax me into doing something for her. Her cooking me food is considered unusual - I'm the one that makes her breakfast, always.

She pointed to the empty seat with her fork. "Come on, sit!"

"Wait," I said, squinting through my glasses, "Let me go brush my teeth and freshen up first."

She let out a sigh. "Fine! Just hurry, I kinda need to talk to you about something."

There we go. I knew Ana didn't make this for the sake of it.

I quickly walked to the bathroom, brushed my teeth, washed my face, and slipped on some new clothes. I walked back to the table. Ana was texting on her phone.

I sat down and began scoffing down the eggs. "That class I told you to go to is really starting to pay off," I stated. Ana chuckled.

"I glad you like my cooking," she said, gratefully. I smiled.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" I asked her. She lifted a brow.

"Isn't it obvious? The party, stupid!"

She drummed her fingers nervously on the table. That's weird. Of all things, Ana isn't a nervous person.

"I uh," she began, "have some questions I need answers to."

"Ask away," I said. I was in the middle of biting my toast when I realised what kinds of questions she meant.

Good god, I am not ready to tell her.

"Why did you think Darko might have run away?" She asked calmly. I shrugged.

"I don't know why, Ana," I said. "Maybe he just didn't know what to do and panicked. I know I would have if the situation was flipped."

"Why did you want to talk to him so badly about it after he ran away?" She asked, her tone becoming less and less calm. "I'm just confused as to why it's such a big fuss - don't guys usually cheer their friends when they get in with girls?"

I shrugged again. "I don't know. Darko looked hurt, I could see it. Just felt like I should clarify what happened."

"Interesting," She said, picking up her fork again. Absentmindedly poking the last of her eggs, she looked up at me, her face serious.

"Why'd you ask me if Darko was gay?" She finally said.

I shrugged for the third time. "I don't know. Maybe Darko is, it's the only real explanation to me as to why he ran away after seeing me with Bella, but as you said, he can't be. You know him too well."