Chapter 8

"What do you mean I can't wear this?" I exclaimed into the phone. I had sent Ryder a picture of me wearing a pair of very hole-y jeans and a cropped t-shirt, and he thought it was too conservative. What the hell did the girls at the fights wear, their birthday suits?

"It's just not enough. I'd never go for a girl who dressed like that." Ryder stated simply from the other end of the call.

"You went for me and I dress like this." I pointed out.

"I was forced to go for you by a power hungry maniac." Ryder snapped back, "Now get a move on. I'll be by to pick you up in an hour and a half. Why don't you ask Brooklyn to help you out, I'm sure she knows all about dressing...well you know."

"Am I allowed to tell her what's going on?" I asked hopefully.

Ryder sighed, "I guess so, but only if she's promises not to go to the cops. And she can't go to any of the fights for a while. I've got enough on my plate by looking out for you, I don't need someone else to watch after."

"Alright." I squealed, then hung up.

I went to Brooklyn's bedroom door and knocked softly. She called for me to come in and I found her sitting on her bed with her laptop in front of her. I sat on the edge of her bed, "Whatcha doing?"

"Homework." She answered...but we both laughed, any one who knew Brooklyn knew she wouldn't be caught dead doing homework on a Saturday, "Anyways, what's up?"

"I need your help."

It took me a while but I proceeded to explain the entirety of yesterday's events, making sure I didn't leave anything out. When I got to the kissing part, her eyes nearly popped out of her skull but she remained quiet until I finished explaining everything. Then she wouldn't shut up, "Holy crap Emma, this is amazing. And shitty at the same time. I mean under any other circumstance I'd be so happy for you because you haven't' talked to a guy in over a year and now you practically belong to one. But in light of recent events I'm sure the right thing is to feel sorry for you."

"Brooklyn, you can't tell anyone. Not the cops and especially not the kids from school." I instructed, "And you can't go to anymore fights until Ryder can calm things down."

Brooklyn rolled her eyes, "Yeah sure...but if I'm not allowed to tell anyone or go, why do you need my help?"

I took a deep breath, "I have to go with Ryder to the fights in about an hour and I'll be meeting all of his friends. The problem is they'll never believe he claimed a good girl, so I have to meet his standards in women and-"

"And he goes for the sexy bad girls." Brooklyn rolled her eyes, "Don't they all. So I'm assuming you came to me for a make over?"

I checked my phone, "You've got an hour to work your magic on me."

Brooklyn clapped and hugged me, "I've always wanted to do this. Just you wait Em, by the time I'm done with you, Ryder will be wishing he claimed you years ago."

****

"All done." Brooklyn announced, placing the mascara back into her make up bag.

"Can I look now?" I asked, standing up and rubbing my numb butt.

Brooklyn gestured to her full length mirror, "Be my guest."

I wasn't prepared when I saw my reflection. Brooklyn had dressed me in a pair of black heeled boots climbing to my mid calf, a pair of very short jean shorts, a black cropped t-shirt that showed off my flat stomach and skull navel piercing. Brooklyn had curled my golden hair and applied dark make up which made my eyes seem as though they were popping out of their sockets.