Chapter 11

Sorry about the confusion on the last chapter. And I felt bad about it so I decided to ditch Spanish homework and finish the chapter I've been working on. So here you go, hope you enjoy it. Please let me know how you think the book is going in the comments below! Thanks :)

                                                                               ***********

Sunlight drifted in through a half opened window on the opposite side of the room, the warmth of it's rays falling over my arms and face. I snuggled deeper into the soft blankets and pillows, breathing in the crisp smell of fresh linen. My legs stretched out then folded back under me, allowing my dormant muscles the opportunity to stir before I had to get out of bed. But I didn't plan on leaving any time soon. The bed was too soft, too warm. The body next to me was too close, too tightly wound against mine. The pillows surrounding me were too comforting, too welcoming – wait...

I looked down, and sure enough, saw a tanned and tattoo clad arm draped tightly over my waist. My heart pumped faster as I felt the person on the other side of me stir only the slightest. Slowly, I turned to glance over my shoulder until I saw who was sleeping behind me.

It was Ryder.

My fears vanished within seconds and was replaced by something warmer, something profound that rested in my heart. Ryder's eyes were closed ever so softly and his lips were parted just barely, those tender lips which had been on my neck only hours ago. His hair was tossed about carelessly and was disheveled but in my opinion it only made him look that much hotter. There was still a bruise darkening his cheek and a cut on his lip that had scabbed over but it didn't diminish his naturally good looks. My eyes drifted past those perfect cheekbones to his gorgeously sculpted body...which was shirtless. His incredibly toned abs were pressed right against my back and his unbelievably buff arm was resting over my waist. It took a while for me to realize that I wasn't breathing anymore.

Ryder moaned as I finally took a deep breath then he cuddled even closer, his feet intertwining with mine. My heart was beating on overdrive, it was way too early for this. So as carefully as possible, I slid away from Ryder, gently picking up his arm that currently resided over my hips. When I was free from his grasp, I slipped out of the bed and tip-toed towards the door, stopping only when Ryder moaned again and shifted in his sleep. When I was sure he was still asleep I closed the distance between me and the door then quickly stepped out of the room. I closed it silently and let out a deep breath.

But I felt a rush of cold air on my legs and I looked down, nearly screaming in surprise and terror. I wasn't wearing anything except for a pair of thick socks and a t-shirt ten times too big for me. One of Ryder's shirts no doubt, because it smelled just like him. It smelled musky and manly and safe, I seriously considered going back into the bedroom and snuggling back against Ryder as if I had never woken up in the first place.

Then my intelligence kicked in and I reminded myself that Ryder and I weren't a real couple, everything we had was fake. Everything we felt was fake and everything we portrayed to others was fake. We were just a couple of lost kids trying to get through life unharmed.

I ran my fingers through my hair to get it out of my eyes, then took a look around me. Ryder's apartment was the same as when I had last seen it almost three weeks ago. His bedroom led right out into the living room which sat in a small pit that you had to walk down a flight of stairs to get to. There was a couch and a coffee table down there as well as a large T.V. There was a small balcony on the other side of the living room. Then on the left was a short hallway that led into the kitchen and then to the front door. I headed in that direction, I couldn't go back into Ryder's room to get my clothes otherwise he'd wake up, and after everything he went through last night, he deserved a good long sleep.