Chapter 3

Everything in the house was silent, you heard no talking nor any music. Your stomach dropped, you had a bad feeling about what was going to happen next. 

You quickly went over to (F/N) trying to wake them up to leave but they wouldn't even budge, they were out cold. 

You mentally cursed and grabbed their shoulders and hoisted them up so that they leaned on you. You could hear talking from the room next to yours now, maybe they were wondering what happened to the party too. 

There was no time to stop and ask questions, you had to get (F/N) home as soon as possible, especially since their roommate with start noticing they're not back from "trick or treating" yet. 

You moved over to the door to exit the room slowly pushing it open as to not disturb (F/N) or anyone else on this floor. 

You shuffled into the hallway literally dragging (F/N) and began walking down the hall. Everything was silent, it was eery. 

A scream rang out.

Not a scream of happiness, it sounded like pain and fear.

You quickly turned around hearing it come from one of the rooms behind you. You didn't see anything nor did you hear anything else. You kept your eyes on the hallway slowing backing up towards the stairs. 

You had almost reached the stairs when one of the hallway doors burst open, almost flying off whatever is left of its hinges. You jumped, almost dropping (F/N) and stopped walking looking down into the hallway.

Slowly a man emerged from one of the rooms, he was tall, like really tall. His head almost hit the doorpost as he walked through. From what you could see he was wearing blue work overalls that had dark stains on them, but the most disturbing thing was the mask on his face.

You couldn't see his eyes or any of his features, it was just dark. You looked down to see a knife in one of his hands. Your eyes widened and you tried to slowly back up down the stairs. 

Of course, he saw you instantly, he turned his head towards you and then slowly his body. You could clearly see the knife now and the dark liquid dripping off of it too. 

You gulped and looked up at his face again before realizing who this was.

"Michael?" you whispered under your breath.

He seemed to have heard you because he tilted his head to the side. 

You both stood there staring at each other, this was impossible. He was locked up in the insane asylum, how could he have escaped? Just then he started walking towards you. Your eyes widened and you looked around for something to defend yourself with.

You quickly dropped (F/N), leaning them up against a wall, and grabbed a piece of wood that was sticking out from one of the broken walls. You yanked hard on it and it came loose instantly. You moved back into the center of the hallway and pointed the sharp end towards Michael.  

"Don't come any closer." You said, trying to even out your voice so it didn't sound like you were afraid, even though you're sure you sounded as scared as a child.

To your relief he stopped walking towards you, he was still far away from you but he was definitely closer now, if he chose to he could lunge towards you and probably reach you. 

You both stood in the hallway staring at each other, guess he wasn't much of a talker. 

"Listen, Michael," you hesitated still unsure if this was actually him, "I and my friend are going to leave this building, I'm going to walk us down the stairs, and we won't return to your house again, okay?" You were a little bit proud of yourself for keeping your voice even throughout that whole statement.

You couldn't see his eyes, but you were sure that he was looking right at you.

You kept the sharp end of the wood facing towards him as you slowly backed up.

Michael made no move towards you.

You shifted the wood slightly and hoisted (F/N) back onto your shoulders. Michael still made no movement towards you.

You moved down the stairs, keeping eye contact with him for as long as possible, then when you lost sight of him, you dropped the board and dragged (F/N) out of that house as quickly as you could. 

You refused to look back.