chapter 26

BRIAR'S POV

"She should be resting for some time. And the bruises will stay for some time. You should be thankful that she didn't break any bones. And please don't let her play wired games when she's in this condition. I can't believe that a game will do this much damage but it's going to harm her growing child."

"Y-yes doctor. We will take that in mind. Is the child safe?"

"You should run some required scans to check if the child is hundred percent fine. But he or she is well I think so."

I heard faint noises from my surroundings but I didn't open my eyes as I was too much tired to do that. My lower area was paining but it was bearable.

There was rumbling in the room but I still kept my eyes closed. I felt numb all over and didn't wish to remember anything.

_______

"Can you all go out of the room I want to check her up."

There was again hushed sounds in the room- I assume I was in a room. I've been hearing these sounds of people talking but I am not so sure if they were talking about me.

"Doctor.....(silence) we can-n't keep her here for longer than this. When will she wake up?"

"She is fine. But I am not sure about her moving around to different places. I don't allow that."

I wanted to open my eyes and see who these people are talking about but I choose to let me be where I am. This is better than interacting with people you don't know who they can turn out to.

I heard some movements and that's when I felt hands on my body-chest? Ugh, why will someone touch me on my chest?

" Her heartbeat is faster than needed." I heard a lady say. Thank god it's a lady.

"Hey? Girl are you fine? Like she should be up by now." Someone touched my face gently.

Okay, I think I should open my eyes now. To get to know what's happening actually.

Slowly I opened my eyes and came in face to face with two different ladies. They both smiled warmly at me. I returned the smile back. I pushed myself up or tried to. How long have I been here?

"Hello." The lady with a warm smile asked. I assume she's not the doctor because she isn't wearing the white color coat which the other lady is wearing.

"Hello?" I don't know her. She smiled sensing my confusion.

"I am Leo's wife- Leo is the body guard....Umm you remember?" she asked me in some sort of discomfort. Oh! Leo, I remember him. He was the one who brought me here. After that eventful night. I couldn't help but smile at that horrible discovery. I am still in shock about what happened. My eyes tinged with tears but I stopped them from falling.

"Yeah, I remember," I said silently. She kept a hand on behind me. She is old, just like Leo. She has a tanned skin and dark brown curly hair. She has attractive eyes, they are shiny brownish color. I looked at her for a minute before smiling.

"Am I okay to go?" I asked the doctor. The doctor smiled at me.

"No. If you're thinking of playing like these types of dangerous games then you're not allowed to move around. You also can't walk much. I will suggest you sleep more but not completely sleeping for days." She said all that with a different expression on different sentence. She's pretty too. But what did she mean by playing games? I didn't play any game. And how long did I sleep?

Leo's wife rushed to answer the doctor but I couldn't quite catch up. She was talking- no whispering in the doctor's ears? Why will she do that? My eyebrows raised in confusion. After a moment the doctor cleared her throat and smiled at me.

"I am sorry dear. You can go away from the city but please don't jump much, the baby will be harmed. You should be thankful that your baby is safe after what has happened." she smiled a big smile this time and walked out of the room leaving me alone with Leo's wife.

What did that doctor mean? Baby? Who's baby? What is this happening?

Leo's wife- I think I should know her real name because calling her Leo's wife is not comfortable, she turned towards me and signed.

"I know you must be confused. I didn't tell her the truth about what actually happened with you. Thank God the baby is not harmed." she smiled.

" Wait!" I raised my hand before she could continue.

"What are you talking about? Who's baby?" I asked her clearly. She looked confused but then her eyes went wide with realization.

"Oh child, you don't know? You are pregnant. You have been pregnant for almost eight weeks now. You were in a very bad condition when you came here. I was confused who you were but Leo called telling me about you everything. I am sorry about what happened." she said sadly.

I kept quite trying to digest this news. I am pregnant? My hand automatically reached my stomach which was just as normal as before. There was no movement I could feel.

I am pregnant.

It's my Hunter's child in my stomach. It's his child in my stomach.

Will I be a good mother? It's not I haven't actually raised children but it's my own child I am talking about.

Am I happy? Yes, of course, I am happy. I will do anything for this baby.

Wait- shouldn't he know about this child? No, he took his revenge and it was clear as crystal that he never had any feelings for me. He just happens to be a good actor than me.

"Dear I am sorry to say this but we can't keep you here for long. Master Donovan will know about you staying here and it will ruin us." I heard her say. Silently.

I looked towards her and smiled. 

I know this will not be good for me to stay here. He should not come to know. I refuse to remember him and even to take his name from my tongue. I have to have a fresh start. Although I know the hurt he gave me is too deep and painful to be cured, for the sake of my growing child. I will do anything to be a happy and good mother. I will be everything I wasn't before. I am not dark anymore. No dark anymore. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here you go with the next chapter. I hope you liked it. 

Oh and she's pregnant. *grins* there's much more to come. 

Vote and Comment. 

~rashke