Chapter 29

BRIAR'S POV

The cab came to a halt after something like twenty minutes or so. I could see the trees surrounding a small house. It was not a bad view at all, in fact, the area looked very fresh.

After the driver gave me my small bags I walked towards the main door. I pressed the doorbell and soon heard noises from inside which was soon revealed when the door opened.

I stood there awkwardly as the lady grinned in my way. She doesn't know me, right? Am I sure she is no relative of mine? She then engulfed me in a tight hug. Hug? Wasn't it supposed to be me introducing myself?

The hug was warm, very warm. My eyes closed at the motherly touch of this lady.

" Welcome here dear. How was your fight? Are you okay? Oh, come in please." She said all in one and I can't even understand if she is okay or I am.

I walked inside the house. It was beautiful, the walls had small pictures here and there, but I couldn't see any small child's picture or any thing. The pictures were only of this old lady and a man who I assume is her husband. She brought me to their living room and made me sit there.

After a couple of minutes later she bought me fruit chocolate trifle which I must say watered my mouth. In the plane, I couldn't eat because I was sleepy and I remember me saying to the air hostess to not give me anything.

My stomach grumbled loudly when the lady sat down and she chuckled loudly.

This is embarrassing.

"Start eating and I will introduce you to myself."

I nodded my head and grabbed the bowl of heaven in my hand. She even started eating from her bowl.

" So... My name is Samantha and my husband is Joe, he's not here right now but he will soon be home. He was so excited to meet you but he got a call from his work. He works as a mechanic, so he gets a call for service anytime." she explained with a shine in her eyes about her husband.

She's beautiful, Old, not that old but old. She is having fair skin with brown eyes and curly hair.

" Um... My name is Briar Shah." I said

" Oh yes! I know everything about you. Shana told me that your pregnant and I'm already excited. When is the delivery?" What?? Delivery already? I smiled at her excitement but I got confused to see her having no children.

" I don't know when will be the delivery because I actually never consulted a doctor about this," I answered her. She still kept her smile. The excitement was still evident.

" Do you know I was waiting for you to come eagerly. I love it that you're here. This is your house. And we are family now. I could never have children because I can't have it. But when I heard that you're going to come and stay with us. I couldn't stop my excitement." she said so warmly all that, that I couldn't handle my tears. I cry very fast now.

" I am happy too. Thanks." I answered her slowly.

After that, we chatted about different kinds of stuff and soon I saw the outside darkening. I heard the doorbell ring and Sama faintly shouted from the kitchen for me to open. This is like a family thingy already and I love it. I walked towards the door and opened it to be in face to face with an old man. He looked quite familiar from somewhere but I couldn't really know if I know him. He smiled brightly and walked towards me, which I realize was for giving me a warm hug. I think hugs are my favorite now.

" Who is it, Briar?" I heard Sama asking from behind me.

" Oh you're back?" she looked at the old man who scratched his neck.

" I tried to come early but the car was too much." after that, we walked inside. Joe reminded me of my own father. His warm embrace really did something. We all talked and soon I realized it was time for bed. I rubbed my hand softly on my stomach which looked nothing like big at all.

I reached my room upstairs to sleep after the old couple retired to bed.

Tomorrow I need to hunt for jobs and get interviews as well.

With that thought, I retired to my soft bed but the blue eyed creature never left my dreams the whole night.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

vote and comment.

~rashke