Chapter 9

"Mr Winters!" I turned my head to look towards one of my security guards. He ran rowards me with an envelop in his hand. I frowned looking at it.

"What is it?" I questioned when he stopped near me. I glanced at Marcus , my driver to wait . He nodded his head as a reply.

"Somebody left it for you." He looked down at the envelop before forwarding his hand towards me . Collecting it from him . I examined it. There was nothing written on it, no name no address. The outside was absolutely blank yet my heart raced just by holding it .

"And who gave it to you?" I asked.

"It was placed outside the gate and someone from behind the tree was watching it until I picked it up . When I shouted at that person to come out , they just said to give it to you and ran away." He explained. I looked at him confused.

This has never happened at my house or even office. I had never recieved a mysterious delivery before and then it clicked!

I cursed under my breath for being an idiot before I abruptly asked him.

"Was that person more like a man or a woman?"

He narrowed his eyes as if trying to remember . My patience grew thin with each passing second.

"I couldn't ...see ...sir, the person
......was hoodie cladded and .....it was dark." He stuttered as he watched me ripping the envelop open with cold shaking hands.

My worst nightmare laid there in my hands.

The big bold letters stating how my life will never be the same again and how I have ruined our perfect little family .

DIVORCE PAPERS

My mind kept repeating these two words . I stared at them as if they are just a nightmare and not reality. I wanted someone to pinch me back to my perfect life where my lovely Rach was right beside me with her most beautiful smile that could light up my dull world. How wrong I was! This was my sole reality now.

I have managed to screw my life . Have not I?

Oh Rachel how did my heart not tell me that you came here? you were so close to me yet how far were we.

I pressed my eyes close and took a long ,deep breath in attempt to calm myself but felt even more restless than before.

Dismissing the guard . I took a step forward towards my car but changed my mind as my vision got hazy and head spinned. I feared the beating of my heart would cause it to jump right out of my chest. I placed my palm on my chest and tried to steady my breaths . From my peripheral view I watched Marcus walking briskly towards me .

"Mr Winters!" He breathed out observing me.

"Are you okay?" He asked stepping close. I looked up to see his concerned face . My tongue felt heavy to speak. I opened my mouth but ended up closing it as I shook my head.

"Should we take you to the hospital?" He asked .

I was supposed to answer him but all I did was to drag my feet towards the house again ignoring concerned Marcus and my guards and servants. Everything in my surrounding was in hazy . There was nothing I could focus on except for one particular person.

Rachel.

My Rachel.

She wanted divorce?

Did she really give up on me finally?

Did she prepare herself to finally leave me forever?

Did she want this still new marriage , our relationship to come to a very sad end?