Yōsei (Part 2)

Much like Alistair, メービス kept away from the others

Much like Alistair, メービス kept away from the others. Three days had gone since they had arrived in Forks. Bella had spent most of her time with Katrina, training, getting ready for the fight. Fight they were all hoping would not happen. Alistair, who hadn't been convinced by his "friend's" plan, had left the night before.
メービス had spent the last few days studying her new allies. She knew what they were capable of and she also knew they didn't stand a chance against the Volturi. It wasn't going to be a fair fight, Aro was bringing many "witnesses" along with him. And those witnesses could turn into soldiers anytime.
Carlisle had provided メービス with a bed and human food and she appreciated his hospitality. She knew she wasn't on the wrong side of this. The Cullens were innocent, and she was ready to fight for them.
If she had to be completely honest with herself, whether the Cullens were innocent or not didn't really matter. Like Stefan and Vladimir, she had her own reason to be there. But unlike the Romanian vampires, she hoped it wouldn't come to a fight.
メービス didn't like fighting very much. In fact, she hated it. She was bad at it. Well, she was still fully capable of stopping a vampire, but she hadn't been made for that.
She didn't like killing people. Taking lives wasn't something she was comfortable with. She had to do it many times before, and now that her battles were over, she hoped she would never have to do it again. Mostly, she hoped showing off her powers would dissuade any creatures to attack her. And, most of the time, they did.
She watched as snow fell and settled on Forks. The night before what could be their last day, the vampires sat around a fire, and told war stories like they were jokes. メービス was standing in the forest, far enough for them not to notice her but close enough for her to hear them.
"Are you sure you want to do this?" Toshiro asked, appearing next to her.
She nodded to answer. She didn't need to explain herself.
"You cannot fight, Yōsei," he reminded her. "You told me that yourself."
"I'll be fine," she mumbled. Saying that she couldn't fight wasn't a true statement, she could fight, but vampires weren't her normal targets. She had been made to kill more powerful creatures.
"It's not gonna be like in London. There will be at least a hundred of them."
"I said, I'll be fine," she repeated, annoyed. She looked up and gave him a threatening look, daring him to say one more word. Toshiro never knew her whole story. She didn't talk much about herself, but he welcomed her when she was alone. He taught her what she needed to know about the world they lived in. He became a friend and an ally, someone to talk to if she needed to.
メービス had fought more important battles, met with scarier enemies than the Volturi. But every creature was different, they had different strengths and different weaknesses, and vampires weren't her usual adversaries.
"Hopefully, your magic will be enough," Toshiro sighed, trying to convince himself that she could save them all.
"It has never failed me so far," she told him. "Good night, Toshiro-san."
"Good night, Yōsei," he sighed, nervous and still unconvinced, as she walked away from him.
Morning came faster than they all thought it would. They arrived first on the field. It was covered with snow. All of them were wearing sweaters and coats but only two of them really needed to.

 All of them were wearing sweaters and coats but only two of them really needed to