The Ballet Dancer (Part 4)

The rain was cold and fell on the streets of Brooklyn

The rain was cold and fell on the streets of Brooklyn. They gleamed wetly, reflecting the light of the streetlamps. A yellow car stopped in front of a house, and a young woman came out of it. She rushed towards the steps, trying not to get too wet.

Her wet brown hair fell on her face as she looked inside her bag for her keys. The cold made her shiver, and the thought of getting sick crossed her mind.

She gasped, suddenly, as a hand moved on her back to her waist. She felt the hot breath of the stranger in her neck as he spoke.

"Scream and you die."

As he said the words, she felt a sharp object against her back. She swallowed thickly, trying her best not to make a sound. All she wanted to do at this instant was scream.

"Open the door," he ordered.

She slowly looked back down into her bag. She was shaking, which didn't make it easier for her to find the keys. A tear fell down her cheek as, after what seemed like an eternity, she still hadn't found them. She felt him press the knife harder against her back and she held in a gasp of pain. She was terrified of making a sound, he had been clear about what would happen if she alerted anyone.

When, finally, she held the keys in her shaky hands, the man pushed her against the door. It took her a minute to unlock it. He pushed her inside and she fell on the ground. She quickly turned around to face him.

Everything happened fast.

The man started screaming, as if he were in pain. As she heard the door slam, six people, dressed in black robes, appeared behind her assailant. The man fell on his knees.

The next thing she heard was an awful sound. Neck broken, the dead man's body fell on the floor, in front of her.

She was shaking violently. Her heart was beating irregularly. She was panting and panicked. Water filled her eyes, and she could barely feel the tears falling down her cheeks. She watched as the strangers pulled down their hoods and revealed their faces.

They were the most beautiful people she had ever seen. The men were unbelievably handsome and the girl was the prettiest she had ever met. They had the whitest skin and the reddest eyes. She was sure they weren't human. They couldn't be.