17: New Guys

You know the feeling of being blanked out? Spacing out or whatever similar to that feeling? That's how I am right. 

Blake is RB. 

RB is Blake. 

Standing right in front of me. 

For these past 2 years, he's been here all along. How did I ever not notice? 

" Come again? " I blinked, part of me wishes that this was a dream, another part of me wishes that this is reality that's going to make me extremely happy. My heart is beating so fast as I hope that the sentence coming out of his mouth is not true. My fingers are fumbling with each other due to the nerves jumping in my body like on a trampoline. Blake grins at me again, letting out a sigh that sort of indicating I-can't-believe-I'm-repeating-this. " I'm RB. Your first crush. " I eyes twitched, suddenly my throat feels dry. And my face feels hot, my hands are clenched in fists, itching to hit him. 

And I did. 

" Why didn't you tell me this earlier! I'm so embarrassed when I told you the story! And only you! And, you of all people is him! RB! " I shameless yelled at him while hitting his chest softly. I mean, I have the urge to hit him harder but I think he couldn't take it. He's just standing there, taking all the hits, seemed to satisfied with my reaction. Once I realized that my reaction can't take off that huge smile on his face, I stopped with whatever I'm doing, and sat back down to the same spot that I sat earlier near the lake, sulking and flushed. Blake also took a seat next to me, still grinning from ear to ear but never said anything, and I'm thankful for that because I don't want to be embarrassed further. I calmed myself down, my face still feels hot and I can say that it's probably red but thankfully, the day is still dark, so Blake won't be able to see it. We didn't say anything and just sat beside each other, in comfortable silence. He suddenly took my hand, engulfed in his, rubbing circles at the back of my hand. I can assure myself that there is a smile on his face even though we can't really see each others' faces and I know that my face is blushing hard. 

Like really freaking hard. 

" Blake, I-I... " I stuttered. I want to get this feeling off my chest before it really weighs me down even further. 

" What is it? " Blake asked. 

" Nothing. " I blurted out. He looked at me with uncertainty but bought my lie.

" Why RB? " I asked, still not getting how RB is related to him. He grinned widely at me again, which I already knew he was. " Riley Blake. I liked people calling me RB back then, but now no. " His voice shakes at the end. I wanted to ask him why, but I knew I would be too nosy. " Why did you move? " I pop another question. 

" That's another story for another time.. " He lets out a sigh. It's worth a try. 

 I take at look at my phone and it's 5.30AM. " Blake we have to go. We have two hours left to prepare for school. " I wanted to get up until Blake playfully pull me down again, both of us lying on the soft grass together, our faces facing up the sky. 

" Let's not go to school. " Blake suggested, letting out a comfortable breathe as he closed his eyes. I immediately jerked up from my lying position. 

" Blake, you know how I am. Let's go to school. As much as I am enjoying this company, I don't want pull my grades down. " I smiled sadly at him. 

" You know, sometimes I always forget that you're somehow still a good girl. "He smirks at me while still, with his eyes closed. I scoffed at him and replied confidently, " It's not that I'm a good girl. You know how people say good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught. " Blake looked at me suggestively, one of his eyes opened now, " Is that why you and I click well together? Like how me, a bad boy need you, his good girl? " . My heart beats faster when he said his. I cleared my throat, " Whatever floats on your boat. Come on, I want to go home and prepare for school... " I whined. Blake chuckled at my awkwardness.