Chapter 22

Fighting her instincts to protect her freedom - Chapter 22

Ariel was right when she said that people were going to make a big deal about her brand new bond mark. 

When she arrived at the University, Patricia squealed when she sensed the mixed smells and practically lunched herself at Ariel asking for details. Alonso, who was there, was curious about such a reaction so he immediately approached the two girls. Ariel was in panic, since she couldn't tell him the truth, but Patricia stayed cool and said that Ariel had gotten a tattoo that week-end.

Alonso was eager to see it, so Ariel finally let them both see it. It was a the head of black wolf, representing Sebastian. What she liked the most, though, was the fact that it also showed the green eyes that had filled her dreams so many times. Patricia giggled and gave her approbation. Alonso asked her why she was so obsessed with wolves. Ariel and Patricia laughed not knowing how to respond. Finally a simple "it's my favorite animal" seemed the only appropriate answer. Alonso shrugged and escorted the ladies to their first class.

As if fate had disposed to make Ariel's marking a well known fact, a party for all werewolf of Lima had been organized. This meant of course that Tom would be there, and therefore that he would tease her mercilessly. However, she didn't understand the other implications of such a party until she met with Sebastian for lunch.

- I won't go.

- Why?

- I don't want to see the Alpha.

- You're still mad? It's been months.

- I just don't like him anymore. Do I have to like everyone?

- No, but that shouldn't prevent you from going to a party with your girlfriend.

At the word "girlfriend", Sebastian sighed, defeated. He loved the fact that she was his girlfriend, so it was hard to deny her anything when she mentioned it. Ariel didn't even know why she was pushing him to go when even she had felt reluctant upon receiving the e-mail. 

- Fine, we'll go. 

Ariel smiled and gave him a small kiss. 

She was happy with him by her side and enjoyed being calling him her boyfriend, though she had never told him that. She was careful to enjoy these stolen moments at the University because she always felt they didn't spend enough time. Then again, even while living with him in Paris, she had felt that. No amount of time seemed enough now. She felt joyful whenever he would tell her sweet loving words, whenever they held hands, whenever he kissed her, whenever they were together. Sure, she was also happy with her friends, but Sebastian had awoken a passion in her that she hadn't known existed. 

Sometimes she wanted to ask him to move in with her, but then she didn't because she didn't dare and because she didn't want to change things, in the off chance that it would complicate their life and ruin their relationship. So instead, she watched her photographs and paintings from her time in Paris with him.

....

The days passed by quickly. Probably because Ariel felt so happy. Even the problems at the University couldn't erase her smile. She was called a love sick puppy many times, and she knew they were right, but why should she care? She was happy, and after the hell that she had lived the previous year, she felt entitled to some happiness. So she lived each day without worrying about what it all meant. Sebastian's kisses and his company, calmed her and made her forget about any philosophical doubt she might have. They hadn't talked about completing the mating process with the ceremony that would truly bind them for life. Sebastian didn't want to scare her away, and Ariel didn't even want to think about it. She was happy with the way things were, why complicate their lives unnecessarily?