Chapter 27

Author's note: Last chapter is finally here! I hope you enjoy it  =)

Fighting her instincts to protect her freedom - Chapter 27

 When Ariel shifted during the initiation ceremony to the Montreal pack, she got the same reaction of awe from all the attendees as she had, when she had been presented in Lima. There was however one difference: she wasn't the only one receiving a lot of attention. Sebastian's wolf was also greatly admired. She heard people whispering: "hope and wisdom together". She didn't understand what they meant. Sure a white werewolf represented hope (though she didn't know why), but what about wisdom?

When the presentation ended, she asked Marnie, her new Luna about it. 

- Don't you know Ariel? A black wolf with green eyes is rare and represents wisdom.

- Oh. I didn't know... 

When she thought about it, she came to the conclusion that it was fitting. Sebastian wasn't just book smart, he was also open-minded and was usually able to come up with a solution when nobody else could. But why hadn't she known about the meaning of a black wolf with green eyes?

Ariel felt ashamed of her lack of knowledge. What else didn't she know about werewolves? She felt so ignorant sometimes. Then something else came to mind.

- Wait, is that why you bought my painting? The wolves? Their color of their fur?

- We were intrigued, yes, but that doesn't mean your talent wasn't evident. We really love the painting. If you don't believe me, look inside the Alpha studio. We didn't just buy the paintings of the wolves, we also bought two landscapes. We are very proud to have such lovely pieces of art.

Ariel nodded. She didn't mean to upset the Luna but she had been disappointed to discover that it wasn't her talent alone which captured their attention, instead it had been the wolves. Her disappointment didn't last for too long though, because she knew that whatever had interested them was what ultimately had saved her. Besides, the party was fun and she wasn't about to let anything ruin the night. Being accepted by the Montreal pack was a huge blessing and she wanted to celebrate the occasion.

....

The next evening, when Sebastian came home from his job, Ariel waited for him on their bed, wearing a long silk black dress and looking beautiful and sexy.

His eyes widened with passion and ran to her. Ariel laughed at his reaction, but then asked for his attention.

- Sebastian, I think it's time we... We made official our mating. That is, if you'd take me.

Sebastian had the biggest grin on his face.

- Of course I want that! This is the best day ever!

Ariel smiled, kissed his nose softly and then took the candles to start the ceremony. It was a private ceremony, but there were some requirements. The candles, which symbolized the flame of their love for each other, the full moon outside, which guaranteed they would be at their strongest, and finally, the vows which sealed their commitment. The vows were simple, and could be customized, but they had to include: their promise of love and protection of each other and any children they may have. 

So Ariel and Sebastian looked each other in the eyes and said their vows one after the other. Once that was done, a silver sphere appeared on top of each, blessing their union. When they touched forehead to forehead, the spheres joined and made their connection stronger, giving them the ability to communicate with their minds. They smiled filled with love and happiness. 

That night, Sebastian finally got his dream of being fully mated. It was truly the best night of his life. Ariel also felt in ecstasy. After repeating for so long that she didn't want to be mated, she had changed her mind and done the ceremony after all. The best part was that she knew it was the right decision. Being with Sebastian hadn't taken anything from her soul, instead it had made her heart bigger and stronger.