Chapter 3 (New friendships)

It has been a month since your first day, and you could say you were getting along with everyone. Hinata and Kageyama were allowed to enter the team after all, and you have became good friends with Shimizu. What's more, the team had a practise match with an important school, Aoba Johsai. But, there were less people than you imagined it would be in a school like Karasuno, that went once to the nationals.

First, there was the captain, Daichi. He was always nice to you, trying to make you comfortable and avoiding some other members (*cough* Tanaka *cough*) to get too close to you. Sugawara was also always there for you, he was so kind that you always have seen him as the mum of the team. At first, Tanaka intimidated you a bit, but you soon started to enjoy spending time with him. He was actually quite of a caring person when you get to know him, and of course, really funny. Hinata was like a little brother to you. He acted so innocent that you just wanted to hug him. You've become closer to him, along with Kageyama, who was kind but always distant to you. You had already found out that he was the setter in Kitagawa Daiichi and you were impressed, seeing that Kageyama and Hinata's combination was spectacular. Tsukishima was, as well, a bit distant to you, but you started to 'casually' be around him and starting small conversations with him, which he always ended with minimal answers and calling you 'shortie'. You saw potential on him, due to his intelligence and of course his height. Everyone here was so damn tall (except poor Hinata). Yamaguchi was the guy who always accompanied Tsukishima. They seemed like childhood friends or something.

But the one you was looking for wasn't there. You already asked Daichi about Nishinoya, and he told you that he was suspended from school activities for a month. You sighed. You certainly were having fun in the club, but you expected to meet him the first day.

It was early for practise. You had already finished your classes, so you accompanied Hitoka to the front door of the school, and then walked towards the gym. When you entered, you saw Hinata and Kageyama practising.

"Hey guys, already here?" you walked to the bank, laying down your bag and looking for your manager notes. You have actually been designing an special training for each person of the team, depending on their abilities. "Yep, we finished classes earlier" Hinata cheerfully said "We are practising this idiot's receives" Kageyama said while Hinata made him a face.

"Well, let's see how much have you improve it" you stated, looking expectantly at the tall boy. He sighed, trying to concentrate and then hit the ball. You gasped, seeing how strong and fast that ball had just passed through all the court, and expected the sound of the volleyball hitting the floor. But instead of that sound, it was the sound of someone receiving it. You looked to the other side of the court, expecting Hinata. You gasped once again as you saw that spiky brown hair with that blonde lock in the forehead. He had received it perfectly, even Hinata's and Kageyama's jaw dropped. Hinata starting to mumble that he was shorter than him, which made Nishinoya angry.

"Noya!!" you heard Tanaka's shout from the door, as he run toward his mate. He was soon being followed by the rest of the team. You just stood there, next to the bank, unsure of what to do.

"It's been a while, Nishinoya" Daichi said approaching them as well. He nodded, and started talking to the first years. Then, Nishinoya's gaze landed on you, and you felt your heart was gonna explode on that moment. Daichi noticed this and knowing why you wanted to see him, he tried starting a conversation for you "Nishinoya, let us introduce you our new second manager" he signaled you to come closer. You did, and now were in front of the two, the rest of the team looking confusingly at you, wondering why were you so flushed.

You sighed, gathering the courage to speak. "Nice to meet you, Nishinoya-senpai! My name is (S/N)(Y/N), but you can call me just (Y/N)!" You almost yelled, bowing a little your head. Nishinoya just stayed there, confused and shocked. 'Senpai... She called me senpai, and she seemed so cute' he repeated in his head, while his face was beginning to redden. He didn't noticed, but your face was already like a tomato.

Although, he remained cool and crossed his arms, laughing a little "Wow, a new manager" he said. "I see so many people joined this year" Daichi nodded, while the rest of the first years introduced themselves to Nishinoya. You were still nervous, though. Noya asked for someone called Asahi, and then went out when the team told him what happened to him. You knew there was a boy who was missing practise, but you didn't knew why.

After Nishinoya went out, Daichi sighed. "It seems like he won't play volleyball until Asahi come back" Sugawara nodded. You stepped forward "Who is Asahi?" You asked the third years.

Daichi looked down at you and smiled "He is our ace".

Nishinoya was walking through the school when he heard a voice calling him. He turned around and saw you running toward him. "Nishinoya-senpai!" you yelled. He turned around, blushing because of what you called him.

"The new girl,...what do you need?" He asked as you caught up with him. 

"Please, return to the volleyball club" You asked him. "Eh? Why?" He asked confusingly.

"I...I came to Karasuno to see you play" you admitted. His face redden even more. "W-What?! Did you know me?" You nodded "Yes, from Chidoriyama, I went to see your matches and was your fan, and how you managed to play with taller players. You inspired a short person like me to play volleyball!" You said, looking him at the eyes.

He turned around, trying to hide his face, but you still noticed the red on his ears. "Well, if my fan insist like that, I have no choice" he smiled "but we have to convince Asahi to come back as well" you nodded "Of course, I'll help you convince him" you said enthusiastically. "And also,..." He said, turning around "I'll invite you to an ice cream after school, cause I am your senpai!" He exclaimed, looking proudly. You let out a cry of joy while the rest of the team were watching, relieved.